• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002tii SCCA race car

jmon0261

Denver Craigs List- Not mine - No affiliation

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1460528830.html

1972 2002 BMW tii (round taillights)

Full SCCA prepped race car.

Runs in ITA class.

This car is race ready. Just jump in and go racing. It is not the best looking car and needs work cosmetically, but the car runs very well and has a very strong motor.

I raced 3 seasons in SCCA. I finished 2nd in a lot of races. I finished 3rd 2 championships in a row. This car drives very nicely and is very solid and well sorted. I had to work some of the bugs out so you don’t have to do it.

Body:

Full nascar type 8 point roll cage roll cage

Front right fender and door are damaged (I have 3 brand new front fender and a used driver door)

Car has hail damage on the body

The car has some rust in the trunk and on the bottom of the body.

Engine:

Very strong 2.0 L the motor was rebuild before I built the car with Mahle piston, Crane ignition, Stahl and more.

Kugelfischer mechanical injection

KN air filter

Accusump

Water temp and oil pressure gauge

MSD 6AL ignition box with rev limiter chips

Fully adjustable suspension consisting of front coil-overs and a slotted subframe

Full Halon Fire suppression system for cockpit and engine compartment

Fuel safe fuel cell

Custom made full system with auxiliary stainless tank, Aviation fitting and hoses, pressure regulator. The car will never run out of gas in turns even when you are getting real low in gas. This is a awesome system I designed. It includes 2 full pumps to recirculate the fuel and keep filing up the auxiliary tank so you are always pulling gas from a full tank. This cost about $1000 to build but solved all the fuel issues.

Weight is about 2200 lbs ready to race.

Front apron with brake cooling duct

Electrical Shut off switch in front of windshield

2 Corbeau race seats

Driver seat belt is a 6 point Simpsons; the passenger belt is an 5 point RCI

The driver seat can be removed in 5 minutes

Sway bars are upgraded

Window net

Momo steering wheels

Full width Mirror

Comes with 2 or 3 sets of wheels depending on final price. Also has extra barely used tires.

As I said, this car is ready to race. I have more fun with it than with my 400hp evo. I am selling it because I do not have time to race anymore.

The car is street legal and comes with a Clear Colorado Title

$4200

I have lots of pictures I could send you.

Michel

303-887-8034

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Seems like quite a lot of car for the price. (Add up the cost of the components as an example of why one ought not build a race car with the expectation getting their money back.)

Have you seen any other fuel supply systems like this, Toby? My issue returned, and I need to do something . . .

-KB