• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

red and black wire?

bingbong

There is a red and black wire in the back seat of my car, on the passenger side (RHD). I have no idea what it is for just that its factory as it goes into the wiring loom on that side. I am about to fit a new rear screen with a heating element and was wondering if this is part of the wiring for it or if I have to make a whole new wiring look for the heating element?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Guest Anonymous

Here's a the defogger section of a '76 schematic -

rear_defogr.jpg

#82 is the dashboard defog switch.

#79 is a "Touring Only" connector.

#80 is a connector.

The wire between the switch and the terminal is "SW-RT" Black-Red.

Not shown is the wire color from the switch to the fuse box - "GN-BL" Green-Blue

So I assume that is the wire I'm looking for but I don't have any defog switch on my dash unless its incorporated in the fan switch or light switch or some unknown switch! Any idea's?

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

On my '74 (RHD) you pull out the fan speed switch for the heated rear window. When you connect the wire you found to the heating element in the window, don't forget to connect the other side of the element to earth.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

well then, I have a much easier task ahead of me! Can't wait to get these new screens and seals in. No more leaky car!!!