• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cant find vintage cars at salvage yards anymore.

Armond

I think the cash for clunkers program have filled up salvage yards that you'll be hard pressed to find 15 plus year old cars anymore. They are crushing cars more often to accommodate later model cars coming in. I have been to a few PP and their inventory is huge. But sadly,no vintage cars. I hope this is just temporary.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

With that surge in metal prices, Michigan is void of any cars. They crushed everything in site. Everything. Every junkyard I've been to is a clean field starting over.

Five years now I have been meaning to stop by this guys field as it had a ton of VW's. Splits to buses to ghias. Like an idiot I stop by to ask what happened to them. He cashed in 67 VW's for the metal.

Michigan lost a ton of original parts that cannot be replaced. Were stuck with looking for them in garages and fields. and that is getting scarce because of the jump in metal prices.

Never again. When I see it I'm jumping on it NOW.