• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

driveway repair

jeffb

Driveways are auto related, right? I have a crappy driveway largely due to the PO. Old (decades) concrete at bottom, over which the PO put asphalt maybe 5 years ago, and then, I guess depending on how he felt on any given day, used different materials to continue patching the inevitable holes and cracks that continued to form - I think a combination of water erosion under the slab and freeze/thaw cycles (even Atlanta has some freezes from time to time). Obviously, the right thing to do is tear the whole thing out down to the dirt are redo a driveway with a single material, but I'm not in a position to do that right now. So here's the question - if I want to fill two larger holes and both concrete and asphalt already are in/around these problem areas, what material should I use as a bandaid for a year or two: concrete, asphalt, or plastic concrete patch. Does your answer change if the intended patch areas are on a fairly substantial slope over which cars must travel?

Thanks -