• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lower trim

eaker02

74tii

Is there documentation or a site that shows which pieces of lower trim should have metal clips and which pieces use plastic.

It's the piece that goes on the rear quarter panel. after body work, can't tell if the two holes are suppose to have metal clips, both plastic or one of each.

thanks

ron

Guest Anonymous

generally trim pcs have one metal piece that goes into a small body hole and plastic clips for the rest, that go into larger body holes.

Guest Anonymous

generally trim pcs have one metal piece that goes into a small body hole and plastic clips for the rest, that go into larger body holes.

Thanks,

Due to body work, both holes looked small to medium. If one is plastic then may have to drill it out.

Had looked on Max's site earlier, but even though this is a 74, his pictures show a roundie and no lower trim between the rear tire and bumper.

thanks

ron

Roger,

I have a 74Tii and just installed all new lower body trim 2 weeks ago after a partial paint job. From what I understand, the metal clips with the small nut is used for the outer most hole/sections of the trim (if accessible via the body panel). So for example, with the front most piece of trim on the fwd fender, I was able to use the metal clip in the fwd most hole closest to the rear for the front wheel, followed by plastic clips. I could not access the rear section of the trim on the front fender hence the use of a plastic clip. Second example, the door. I used plastic clips fwd to rear except the rear most hole where I used a metal clip in that it is easily accessible via the rear edge of the open door.

Hope this helps.

-Peter

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Typically the doors have plastic clips and all the rest have metal clips. Hope this helped!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2