• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire source question

penth2o

Winters coming and my usual shitty luck would have it that three cars need tires now.

07 Saab 9-3

00 Subaru Impreza RS

93 Jeep Wrangler

What have you guys found for a place with decent priced & quality tires.

I normally go to the same shop up here but I have never shopped around.

They never have them in stock & I have to wait for them to come in anyways so I'd like to see what else is out there. Where do you get your tires from.....

Do those clubs have decent tires or are they low quality Ie: Sams club or Costco.

Thanks for the tips.

My parents buy tires at Costco. Great service, but generally they're only the OE replacement tires, and while competitively priced for those tires, there are better tires to be had for much less money in most cases.

I know this came up recently, but the FAQ gets a little bit of a kickback from TireRack if you use the associated link (in the store area), and they have most tires available all the time, great service over the phone, fast shipping, and some of the best prices. Usually they're the lowest unless you have some kind of a long-time-customer discount or a buddy who works at the tire shop or something...

Also, they will ship them straight to the shop if you would like. I generally have them shipped to my work, but as long as you give your shop a heads up, it should save you the hassle of transporting them.

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

Thanks David,

I talked to my Saab mechanic. He lives in my town but works at his brothers dealership in Chicago 5 hours away. He must be good as they pay him for the hassle to have a house down there.

He hooked me up with the guy that delivers from that tire rack. He is getting me a major, major price reduction for 16 tires and future tires for my vehicles.

Can I still get the kickback to the FAQ somehow. Tell me how.

Thanks again.