• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saab I haven't seen in a while

penth2o

Saabs were featured in a previous issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic.

Quirky and rarely seen. I've only seen (2) or (3) good examples. Wait - there may have been some at the Pittsburgh VGP this year.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hi Jim,

When I was younger I always wanted one of these. I haven't seen one in awhile not one that was still solid anyways.

I understand parts are impossible to get for these if I was told right. Not much of a wanted or collectors item either. I guess it's like the Bavaria of the BMW line. Nobody wants them or the associated problems that come with it.

I must be strange as I like the Bavaria also.

I keep seeing a bright yellow SAAB Sonnet along Dayton-Yellow Springs Rd. Looks good from 25 yds. when I drive by, but who knows? It looks quite driveable. I remember looking at new SAAB's w/my dad in the early 70's. Naturally, I wanted him to get the Sonnet & not the 99. He eventually bought a '78 99 & an '81 900S turbo.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I'm still holding out for an 85 900 S turbo vert.

I fell in love with it the minute I saw it in a garage. Triple black....

It is sitting in a garage 9 miles from me. It is immaculate with 42,000 on it. The husband died and the wife is keeping it for memories. She tells me the stories of their rides along the lake shore. They bought it new and it is their car they used for their cottage here in Pentwater in the summers. It sits idle with a cover on it and never gets driven.

One day she will give it up as they always do. They soon say I don't drive it anymore.

Thanks Joseph,

I have way too many projects going on right now for more projects.

I'm beginning to wonder if I will die before I can get them all done. I'm not getting any younger & the cash flow is dwindling rapidly.

I'm not really worried about that though as Obama will take care of us right???? :)

I'm holding out for the nice cars that I find in garages that can be enjoyed now & hope to finish what I started on the other ones.

Why can't I be one of those lucky bastards that hit the lotto......

It would all go into my charities, cars & women. In that order too.....

Hey, I noticed you always find stuff in Michigan, Ann Arbor area. Do you have ties here...

I use this Jaxed site Mash-- Play around with the search options and you can

Find just about anything. I have never been to Michigan, so I think that everything is close. I have been to 38 states, so Michigan is on the short list to go to.

http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cp&itm=bmw+1970s&state=&fil=&ys=&ye=&submit=++++go++++

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

work almost every day--with Montana historic plates! I work at an Air Force base, so it must belong to military with Montana residency. Haven't had a chance to speak to the owner yet. It's obviously a daily driver, not a pristine restoration.

Ask Satch Carlson (BMW CCA Roundel editor) about Sonnets...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite