• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centre Link saga continues

02Les

Received a new Centre Link and it looks like I have another problem one.

Whilst my camera makes the straight-edge look bowed (it isn't) you can see that the right hand end is clearly not at 90 to the tube. The left hand end is better but still not true. Shouldn't both tapered ends should be parallel as well as aligned to each other?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

what brand is that?

It's Meyle.

There's your problem. Meyle is junk.

I've heard lots of horror stories and have one of my own. Top pic is of a brand-new Meyle upper strut bearing made with rubber so soft it let the upper spring cup rub the underside of the fender and essentially lock the steering. Bottom pic is an ancient original BMW one.

Bav Auto gave me a refund without hassle but seriously - what kind of company would let that out the door?

'73 2002 Verona (Megasquirt/318i EFI conversion, daily driver)
http://www.zeebuck.com

in fairness i think any center link is susceptible to being bent under the right circumstances. that link looks bent to me. id speak with the vendor

theres not much to a center link. its either straight or its not. im running ocaps on my car and they are fine

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com