• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flareless Turbo Front Spoiler?

PabloM

Depending on how my job situation looks in the coming week I'm very interested as well. Is there anyway we can get a picture of their spoiler on a car? Thanks for organizing this by the way Cris, hopefully we can get 12 units together!

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we sure that the spoiler shown on the white car (from german ebay) is the spoiler from Sweden that Cris has been working on?

I'm not *sure* but it does look very similar...

As for proceeding, I have to wait a bit.. Just till after the holidays. I'm not saying it's not a fair price--it is. I just can't quite swing a $300+ spoiler in lieu of Christmas presents... My work picks back up in January and I could swing it then...

And to think a few posts back I was itching to buy TWO!!

If y'all haven't done the group buy before then, maybe I can jump on.

Cheers,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

I'm needing an air dam but wondering why the Bavarian Auto version with the holes near the side for brake cooling in not a consideration. It's slightly more expensive at $299 but with no duty to pay. What are the pro and cons?

Here's the link the the Bavarian version

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

Dave

74 2002 w/sunroof & A/C - daily driver

71 2002 M20/260 - in paint shop

75 2002 parts car

74 VW Westfailia

69 VW Type 2 Weekender

2012 Jetta Sportswagon TDI

I'm needing an air dam but wondering why the Bavarian Auto version with the holes near the side for brake cooling in not a consideration. It's slightly more expensive at $299 but with no duty to pay. What are the pro and cons?

Dave

It looks completely different.

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

Dave

some folks want air dams for the looks alone. the bavauto one is more effective because is has those useable brake ducts, but it doesn't have "the look".

2xM3

Alright guys, here are some pics from Rikard.

The spoiler itself looks to be mounted too high and does'nt match the wheel arch opening too well. With lowering the spoiler on the nose, the wheel well opening will line up nicely.

Also note that there is no notch on the outer/upper corners of the spoiler.

hpim0411_1.jpg

hpim0410_1.jpg

hpim0409_1.jpg

hpim0407_1.jpg

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Rats. That really doesn't quite work, does it?

My concern with mounting it any lower would be that the "bumper" line on the spoiler wouldn't match at all with the kneeline trim.. Basically looking to mimic the car's original bumper line.

Hmmm.. A bummer too, because now that I sold "Dewey" for a 900-percent markup, I actually have the money to proceed!

No way to track down the spoiler from those pictures of the white car? (It doesn't have the notches, but looks like you could notch it yourself and it would look very OEM...)

Cheers,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

Hmm that does seem to be a problem. It looks like on the white car the bumper was mounted so high that it covered the cut outs for the bumper brackets. On the orange mock up car it is already below the cut outs and isn't even close to lining up with the fender.

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

Too bad... I wonder if there is a way to make it work?

If an inch or so of material was trimmed from the spoiler where it meets the car (following the shape of the nose) it could be mounted higher up. This would lessen the depth of "bumper" area which is minimal in the original spoiler on the orange car, help match the height of the kneeline trim, and also allow it to extend farther to align with the wheel arches on the sides.

Only problem is trimming the spoiler in that area, removes the vertical mounting lip... not so good. Anyway that it cold be trimmed and reworked?

Alright guys, here are some pics from Rikard.

The spoiler itself looks to be mounted too high and does'nt match the wheel arch opening too well. With lowering the spoiler on the nose, the wheel well opening will line up nicely.

Also note that there is no notch on the outer/upper corners of the spoiler.

Cris

Not a slam dunk for making a decision... it looks like it would need to mount pretty low to line up correctly. Modifying it would maybe work - but for me that would defeat the purpose of buying from Rikard (overseas). Personally, I would put the effort in modifying the turbo one I have already. Thanks for doing the leg work Cris.

• 1 year later...