• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Transmission

lobf

Hey guys, my tranny's countershaft bearing is apparently ruined. I need a new tranny, and here's to hoping you can help out.

I don't know anything about transmissions, this is my first car and I'm learning as I go. Apparently I also need a new clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and crankshaft rear seal. Would a used tranny come with these items?

Thanks your your help, fellas.

-Nick

you might get lucky and find someone with some of that stuff. i would try to locate a tranny first and see what you can get along with it. if it doesnt come with any of that stuff then you can start piecing it together. i have a nice used clutch with tons of life in it for 20 bucks i want to get rid of. if you need help rounding up any of that other stuff i can help with that also but see if you can get some or all of it off the car you get the tranny from first

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I have three 4 spd trannys available for grab. I like to have at least $50each for the two that I know the history. One is from a 75 02 with blown head gasket, and the other from a car with title issue. The 3rd I can let go for $25.00, it was in a project car. I think it is OK.

I will recommend a new clutch plate, but if you want a used one, I can throw it in for $5.

On a final note, I have a complete 76, with no rust, except in the sun-roof area, for parting out. e-mai if interested bolaman007@yahoo.com.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...