• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fjord on eBay hits 20K

toddw

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O2Les, are your pictures meant to be funny? If that is not the same car, you are being very slanderous to the sale. Unfair to the seller and also to the new buyer. So I ask again, are your pictures of the 2002tii the same as the car being offered on ebay? If not, I would edit and delete your post. If they are the same, well, buyer beware.

Norm

Looks to be pretty decent for the current bid price. It's a good driver. It would'nt take too much to go thru the entire undercarriage to match the exterior and take it to the next level.

The rear tail panel looks new. I wonder if they replaced the trunk floor. I would suspect he may get more money if he detailed the repair to the rear end. Nothing wrong if the repair was done properly.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Les keeps a very detailed spread sheet of VIN numbers and sales history. I'm guessing he ran the VIN and came up with these pictures from his records.

Les is a very reliable source and an all around good egg.

John

DSC_0077.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

1. the ebay car has a blue CA vanity tag which had to be issued years ago (presuming it's real and not a plastic replica) and the car on the trailer has Oregon plates.

2. the ebay car still has its original front suspension spacers, while the Oregon car has the spacers removed and reinstalled above the inner fenders. Unlikely that anyone would put these back in place.

Actually other than the big dent in the rear panel, the Oregon car isn't that bad...just a lot of surface rust and kinda raggedy...it could have been made into the ebay car with a LOT of $$$ and time...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Les usually knows what he's talking about, he keeps a good record. If you've ever posted you're vin here he might have saved it!

And in CA you can get any plate number in a replica of a vintage one. So that vanity tag could've been registered recently.

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

Maybe he should have given more details into his inside knowledge (vin#'s) and I should have said, "wow awesome restoration and good job to a lot of hard work, another car saved". Anyways, it is beautiful.

Norm

I totally agree Norm.

If it was saved, then it's a good thing. There are alot more positves to this car than negatives.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I thought about this tii a lot over the auction period I loved the car and what appeared to be a nice restoration minus the seats, no ac, no radio, and the carpet.

Saved another one - bullshit.

NOW... It reminds me of salvage / flood car fixed up...I completely understand why it's on eBay. The seller mentioned the PO restored the vehicle. I think he must of found out car had a negative past and didn't want it. It would be like finding out your girlfriend or wife used to be a whore that banged dudes to buy crack.

I don't understand why seller picked a base that was peviously wrecked to start with. I understand needing some body work but damn...I would never put big money into a car that was hit that bad. It probably had a salvage title in Oregon that was forgotten about when transferred to CA.

Lesson Learned: Buyer beweare of restorations without before pictures.