• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why I love the message boards, Pick'n'pulls, and DIY'ing...

Shad

Awhile back, some of you might recall, my '79 E12 was broken into by a lazy criminal who decided to tear the change/map pocket off my driver side door instead of taking the loose change out like a good bad guy. He destroyed it in the process. It took awhile to find all the parts, and thanks to a fellow board member, Karl H., connecting me with a nice skin and handle/switch bits I was able to put all back together. I wound up using the wood and handle/arm rest from my panel, the tan/black vinyl & chrome bits from Karl's, and grabbed some new switches from a donor at Pick'n'pull (had to paint the bezel black since the chrome on all of ours was shot. A little time, a little effort, and a little FAQ board goodness and I'm back to happy. (the photos are just after completion, my big greasy hand/elbow prints washed right off with a little vinyl cleaner) Now if only Esty would start cutting E12 carpet kits...

Keep 'em living.

-s

post-286-1366761665537_thumb.jpg

post-286-13667616657367_thumb.jpg

Shad

'70 2002 #671 "Bimmerschmitt"

'70 2002 BADUDA aka 'Wall Art'

'72 2002 #672 Sold

'73 2002 Sold

'79 528i Daily Driver (future ETC Clone)