• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New digs after almost eleven years...

skipsfcr

Moved my business to a much nicer facility (only one mile down the road) after nearly eleven years in the original dump...ahem...I mean shop.

I've already got money pits...I mean fine automobiles lined up out front. (no offense B.G. Spanel)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And enthusiast fodder in the shop...

And a liberal arts major / service advisor / assistant tech putting up "decorations" in the shop during his free time. Including the bad-assed heavy enameled roundel brought to me from the Netherlands by Jeffrey Kok at last year's V@V...

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Good for you Chris. Can't imagine how proud you are. I'll be up soon to pick up the valence from Danuel, and to have the 25 cent tour of the facilities. I'll miss not being able to rummage through the old piled up parts out back.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Thanks Mike! Danuel finally brought the nose panel to the old shop before we moved...It's hiding safe & dry underneath some shelving in the "project bay" where my 4 "works in progress" are parked at the new place! Come on up and check things out as soon as you get a chance.

Congrats Skip!

Your liberal arts major is standing on:

a) Workbench?

B) Stacked scaffolding?

c) Massive low-profile toolbox?

d) other

Love the red E30 M3 on the lift.

How far are you from Bo's Arkansas drive this spring? I'd like to check out your place if I drive out.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thanks Jim! The red thing is actually an "L" shaped service counter. It's got a formica top and cabinets underneath. The building owner left it for me to use so I painted it "Snap-On red" to keep items in the shop looking as uniform as possible. It's really cool in that the technicians' computer tower and printer are inside the cabinet, cool, dry, and relatively dustless. The shop is located in Conway which is about 25 miles northwest of Little Rock so...We're probably 175 miles SE from Eureka Springs. It'd be great if you could stop by for a visit!

Hey Chris,

What a beautiful shop. Now you can have an open house like Ben's before the True Friends get together, then Bud for breakfast and on to Eureka Springs!

I'd drive an extra two hundred for that.

Fritz Bimmer

72 Golf

73 Chamonix

66 P car

Thanks a ton Larry, we'd be delighted to have you. As a fellow original participant, I'm really hoping you can make the Mid-America Fest this year. I know it's a long haul but it's shaping up to be epic! You and Susan are two of the first '02 enthusiasts I met after I caught the "disease" and that's especially memorable for me.

Skip, your place is really, really nice. I'm so proud for you and Lisa. I'm sure the guys appreciate having all the space, and a nice break room to boot. I'm sure when people hear of and see it your business will boom. Also, you might consider a work day and meeting there where all our group could come, cook some brats, have a drive, enjoy a beer or two, and kick back and visit or work on our cars. You could charge for the facilities and time spent in fixing or helping fix odd-ball problems 02ers might have. Kinda like a tech session. We could start with your sunroof. LOL

Again, very nice. Everyone must see it.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

Thanks a ton Mike. It was great to see you (as usual) and catch up on your inka progress. An open house/tech day for '02 folks is definitely in our future now that we have a shop worthy of "display". It might be right before Mid-America next spring. Hope to see you soon!