• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Dash--Carbon Fiber ?

mo's72tii

Whats the actual interest in fiberglass dashboards though? If more than 5 or so people wanted them, I'm sure some arrangement could be made.

standard 2002 board interest... 30 people interested... 29 fall out once the price goes above $5 with free shipping.. 3 people then come out to critique how they would do it differently if they were building them or how it's not "original" if it doesn't have x feature.

• Haha 1

Haa haa too funny.

I do things becuase I want to do them. They would not make a model but scan into an AuotCAD type program my actual 2 piece dash. I am told that it is made directly without a mold by computer, It gives me the ability to add some a/c vents or other tweeks in the AutoCAD program and then it is made to order.

They took the dash yesterday to see if it is possible and what it would cost. If it works I will let all the haters know...lol.

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

Haa haa too funny.

I do things becuase I want to do them. They would not make a model but scan into an AuotCAD type program my actual 2 piece dash. I am told that it is made directly without a mold by computer, It gives me the ability to add some a/c vents or other tweeks in the AutoCAD program and then it is made to order.

They took the dash yesterday to see if it is possible and what it would cost. If it works I will let all the haters know...lol.

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

I tried to make one out of rocks once. It was really heavy.

The 3- part dash would be easiest to mold. Which is not to say that it'd be easy...

I find that I have GOBS of 2002 parts kicking around, and NO spare

dashes. They just don't survive.

The steel one was also too heavy. Maybe 1/4 plate was too much.

Wood would be nice, but then it might start wanting Lucas electrics.

What about packing peanuts? They're light.

I do like the Chewbacca- fur idea. Then you could have a howler instead

of a horn, and it'd be period, too... (well, 1977, close...)

My cat volunteered, but only for the sunny days that aren't TOO hot.

Or maybe that denim contact paper you could get for drawers?

Hell, why not Denim? They did a Gremlin in it. You could do the

seats, too. Acid wash? Red? Not torn, tho- form before function.

There was an aluminum one in a parts racecar. It was very functional.

Light. Nothing like the original, tho, and the glare would have blinded

Ralph Nader. Has anyone kicked that douche in the nuts recently? Why not?

Skip the fiber- go for straight carbon...

Or the health- food- diet fiber only, skip the carbon.

Makes you drive regular.

Gawd, stop me before I kill again... and yes, of COURSE I'm a hater.

But you started it with carbon fiber... how could I resist?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL