• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 NK 2000 FS in OR, $3.5K

Gordon

Thanks for the heads-up!

I've been watching it off of Site mash, the thing that gets me is that even though it's in that copper color it brought back fond memories of my first!

I almost died when I saw it a few days ago because that color looks lighter but very much the same color (Ford "Taupe") that my Dad and I repainted my first Tilux in.

The car was originally "Polaris" but was so faded out it almost looked like classic primer grey, plus it was rusty so over a period of say 6 months I collected a drivers door and other parts and knocked myself out battling the rust and it actually came out way better than I expected!

I torture my self checking german ebay and site-mash almost every day.

Thirty years later and I still miss those cars.

There was a time between 1980-1992 when I would scour the state for 2000's. I never realy was an 2002 kinda guy, or for that matter even 1800's, to me the 2000 in any form, any year will always be my favorite.

67 2000 Tilux.

66 2000 Tilux.

67 1600 6-volt.

71 Straight 2000 , last NK I ever drove, her right hand shock tower totally fell apart on April 1st 1990! This is no joke!

82 320I

87 535IS, my beloved ''Giesella" that I've had for 16.5+ years.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it this afternoon and figured it had to be the same one.

There's good things about it in that the body in basic looks to be very straight. At 1st glance the interior looks fairly straight. The Blue Point Frankfurt is the same I had in an 66 Tilux.

The lack of a center console looks a little off at first but I've seen 67's without them with the ashtray in the dash. The walnut looks like it would clean up nice.

I wouldn't let the broken lenses bother me as I spy them on German E-bay every so often. The leading edge trim on the hood could be hunted down also. It looks very straight under the hood, a caution to anyone buying this car would be to realy make sure that the single circuit 2" master cylinder is 100%, as they can bleed-out very very fast!!!!!

I would never rip a 2000! Any 2000, I just loved them too much!

There are some screws and rivets that are on the car that do not belong, the mirrors look like replacements and the filler panel between taillights should be clean aluminum, I've seen the rear badge on both sides of the plate though this cars seems to be missing.

The twin kidney looks to be missing slats and is mounted upside down, no biggy. Aluminum filler/lock in windshield I can't see.

I've only seen the thin wall hubcaps w. black ring as original on Ti's and not straight 2000's, again not a knock on the car, if it was offered for sale on roadside in Jersey, my heart would stop and I'd have to check it out!

The dash instruments also with the fake Walnut I've only seen on Tilux models and not straight 2000's, more usually they had a black or silver grey Face.

But with 2000's nothing was ever set 100% in stone.

As an NK-Nut I like the car, but not for 9K.

67 2000 Tilux.

66 2000 Tilux.

67 1600 6-volt.

71 Straight 2000 , last NK I ever drove, her right hand shock tower totally fell apart on April 1st 1990! This is no joke!

82 320I

The Gold one appears to be a good solid driver. I just do not feel that any one will pay over 4k for it. the kidney grill looks like a 2002 grill with fewer slats.

This NK which is obviously not stock, but had a lot of time and money put into it only sold for 6k

http://bringatrailer.com/2009/04/10/improved-1970-bmw-2000-rally-sedan/

They have been asking 10k for this nice stock TiLux for awhile

http://montana.en.craigslist.org/cto/1524328342.html

The NK is an acquired taste and appeals to a small market.

I have threatened to sell mine over the years but I love driving it.

Probably the best value on a rare vintage BMW.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

The Gold one appears to be a good solid driver. I just do not feel that any one will pay over 4k for it. the kidney grill looks like a 2002 grill with fewer slats.

You are right there should be a 5 slat twin kidney in it, I found myself squinting to count the missing slats.

Think you are right in that it would probably sell only to an NK-Nut and won't appeal to some one else.

The dash when I realy strain my eyes also looks to have been recovered.

All in all a realy fun driving project if it in fact is solid mechanically, right price I feel for what it is $2300-$2800.

Been watching the Tilux which looks atleast in the C.L. photos to be more inline with an 9k-10k asking price.

The Chamonix Tilux is a dead ringer for the 66 I once had except it had solid black seats and not a two tone.

Just a heads up while searching German E-bay, keynoting "Bmw 1500" and "Bmw oldtimer" will net alot more things to check out than just "neue klasse".

I always loved 2000's, but have not drove one in close to 20 years. have not seen one actually driving since about 1993 near the Verrazano bridge toll in Staten Island. The very last one I've seen was an faded verona but very straight and clean Automatic at a repair shop in North Jersey but when I asked the crew at the shop they wouldn't let me have the owners number. That had to be 94-95.

The funny thing was in Jersey is that you would find them in clusters and not throughout the state.

67 2000 Tilux.

66 2000 Tilux.

67 1600 6-volt.

82 320I

There are a few driving around Nor Cal.

There is a super clean 70 in Chicago. David works at the Werk Shop.

He drove it down to V@V last year.

Yes if you see one you will find a few.

If you find yourself out in Northern California, I will let you drive mine!

Happy Neau Year !!!

post-524-13667618153339_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Thanks for the wishes!

But we'll see if you change your tune when I show up at your doorstep!

LOL!

I wonder when and how much the guy gets for it?

67 2000 Tilux.

66 2000 Tilux.

67 1600 6-volt.

82 320I