• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 tii FS in DC, one owner, fjord blue, $4.5K

Gordon

Looks like the car is actually in Gainesville, Florida.

1974 BMW 2002Tii - $4500 (Gainesville)

Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I'd be more inclined to buy a Florida car than a DC rustaceon.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Guest Anonymous

I'm in the process of purchasing this vehicle. :) Will report when I have it in my position. I looked at the car today, it's in good condition. Little needed work as far as cosmetics, will report in detail later. What do you guys think of the price? We are officially exchanging paper work later on this week hopefully.

Can't say much about the asking price from a coupla tiny photos. You have seen it in person and, presumably, heard it run, driven it etc. If you and the seller feel good about the transaction, it is a fair price.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Picked up this term in B-School; I think it applies here:

Satisficing (a portmanteau of satisfy and suffice) is a decision-making strategy that attempts to meet criteria for adequacy, rather than to identify an optimal solution. A satisficing strategy may often be (near) optimal if the costs of the decision-making process itself, such as the cost of obtaining complete information, are considered in the outcome calculus.

Krosnicks (1991) refers to the "satisficing" theory, namely optimizing the use of all the cognitive steps that can be distinguished in the question answering process.

The word satisfice was coined by Herbert Simon. He pointed out that human beings lack the cognitive resources to maximize: we usually do not know the relevant probabilities of outcomes, we can rarely evaluate all outcomes with sufficient precision, and our memories are weak and unreliable. A more realistic approach to rationality takes into account these limitations: This is called bounded rationality.

Some consequentialist theories in moral philosophy use the concept of satisficing in the same sense, though most call for optimization instead.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70