• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had to get a new toy today

penth2o

Old one puked on me today. Got 29 years out of it.

Why can't you just get a simple blower.

This has a lot of useless features:

Electric start, Cheesy trigger directional chute control, Worthless head lite, Heated hand grips.

Good features:

2 Stage, 6 Speed forward (3 Rev) , Beefier motor, Tracked drive system, Locking auger drive, L/R steering triggers to lock either side track to turn easier, All locking controls (my old one I had to tie them down for one hand operation), Sheer pins on the auger blades (for when I'm throwing rocks), Beefy construction at the weak points and decent welds.

They do bone ya for these now days and then try selling you a $250 extended warranty for when it pukes. I told them they make everything disposable now days and for this price if it does not last three years it's coming back through their front window.....

Anybody have one of these? Is this a good one & will last????

They had a John Deere for $3,200 but I will buy a used tractor around here before I do that...

nt

100_9975.jpg

100_9978.jpg

100_9979.jpg

Hi,

don't have experiance with troy built blowers , but there yard equip is solid.

my blower is from 1970 and still knocks it out of the park

every time i fire it up.

Ariens Brand. can eat small shrubs and drink

wet slush.

only the drive system is not so advanced.

rock hard rubber on steel rims. i just push

it through the big stuff.

good luck in the snow,

i love the white stuff!!

stone

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

Thanks Stone.

It sucks I got 29 years out of the old one & I know this new crap does not last.

Good to hear that this one possibly could last longer than the trash they produce these days. I had a new leaf blower puke and they told me there are no serviceable parts and get a new one.

I know I'll miss the old one as that thing ate everything and threw it a good distance. I can still fix it but will take time and I know were getting dumped on so I had to find a quick fix.

By the time I fix the old one this should crap out on me unless I get lucky with the new one.

Thanks for the info.

Stupid impulse buy. VERY stupid.

Had absolutely no use or idea why I bought it. Sold it. Didn't take a loss as I thought I would have taken a major boning on that one.

I'm very careful on what I buy these days.

Are you looking for one. The guy I sold it to is into them big time and well connected in the track scene. He can find one any year or model.

If you don't need it - I certainly don't need it. Glad you did not take a bath on it. It rains up here in the North Valley, that is our winter. 25 miles east you get up into the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Have fun BLOWING

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Lucky Cali boy.

You sure you don't need one??? You could hook a blower to the front of it to dry your roads :)

You don't get any snow at all??? I hate the rain & would rather work in the snow than rain. Unless of course it was like when I was in Florida.

Like clockwork it seemed to rain every day at 1:00 for 15 minutes then quit & the sun would come out and be humid as hell. Had to leave New Port Richey as I cannot take hot sun or humidity. Lasted five months.

Can it multi-task?

What else can you ~throw~ with one of those? With modifications, of course. Maybe harvesting grapes?

Don't miss that from living in upstate New York.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Hi Steve.

I don't know about multi tasking but I bet this guys blower in Detroit can throw some grapes.....

nt

7911hemi_snow-med1.jpg

With that exhaust, all he has to do is give it some throttle to blow the snow from the sides.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"