• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's next on the BMW NLA list?

Meintii

I'm just wondering if anyone has intel of what will be next to be NLA from BMW dealerships... It would have been nice to know before the Euro turnsignal became NLA... (although still easy to find)

Is there a method to knowing whats going to stop production of a certain part? IE, why are (were) there no more passenger side euro signals, but there are still some drivers sides? Just more people bought the passengers sides first?

Thanks,

Zac

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Accidents? Maybe the passenger side gets hit more often than the drivers side.

The pattern with BMW seems to go like this:

Price of part slowly begins to rise -> price is in the stratosphere -> part becomes NLA -> part is re-introduced at a fair price.

Red side markers used to be $45 each. Now they're $12.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

what about an in tact old original headliner? someone doing a resto could carefully remove it and send it to you. i can send you a big ass roll of original vinyl. theres a market for both sunroof and non sunroof liners. i get lots of requests and i have 8 on order but its not looking like theyre going to come back

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'd say that (1) gas tanks and (2) door brakes are going quickly at reasonable access and price. I found ONE tank left in US and a backup of only 22 in Germany through BMW MT last year.

Eventually after much searching I found door brakes, but they were expensive. When I found a NOS source at a ridiculously low price, I bought them all even though I didn't need any! Call it a leap of faith.

These are my best guess - also drag links and other NOS suspension parts seem to be getting scarce quickly.

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!