• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

single 45 sidedraft weber

nbristow01

Been thinking about ordering the single 45 sidedraft from Top End....anyone out there running this setup? Just curious if it is worth the additional money. My engine is stock, adding MSD coil etc...will I notice a real difference at my level whether I use a 45 sidedraft or a 38/38?

Daily driving 99% of the time. I only race in my head

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I'll be installing this setup after Christmas. I currently have a stock motor, except for a IE Shorter Header, crane xr700, and a 32/36. I'll let you know what I experience .

In the meantime here a link

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,312159/highlight,single+sidedraft/

*post edited

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I have that setup on my 1975. I am running the IE 292 Cam in the motor with stock springs. It took me a while to get it jetted correctly, but I am pretty happy with the result. I was worried about the lack of a choke, but the weather in CA is usually pretty warm. This might be overkill on a completely stock motor, but the 45 carb be jetted to match. You will need to collect the other parts, heater bypass pipe and 320/318 water neck, but the installation is pretty straight forward.

Good Luck,

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

• 6 months later...

I've installed the TEP setup earlier this year. From seat of the pants dyno'ing I noticed a big difference in contrast to my 32/36. Never been in a car with a 38, so I cant speak on that.

A friend told me it almost felt like dual 40's were under the hood. Again I never drove a car with dual side drafts, so can't confirm.

BTW, I have an E21 head with stock cam, tii dizzy, turbo manifold, and stock exhaust...

Waiting to swap out head with my port and polished e12 head with reground cam.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

BTW, I have an E21 head with stock cam, tii dizzy, turbo manifold, and stock exhaust...

Waiting to swap out head with my port and polished e12 head with reground cam.

Right. I have a rebuilt e12 with a mild port and a regrind that I want to install (or sell to complete my interior since it runs just fine..). If I installed it, I am afraid that it would out pace my 32/36.. which led me here.. which is another can o' worms.

If I did use the head (which was my original plan) and go with the Lynx, I would have the Tii 008 mechanical w/ pertronix, the head, I.E. shorty and stainless all the way out.. It would be a good set up!! But then, it runs great now and I should finish the interior.. The Scheels are a callin' and they need recovered.

DECISIONS!!!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002