• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is your dream? (only related to 2002 please)

bluedevils

Well, if I had to settle I could do with Paul Cain's car.... that would be a dream.

Other notable dreams:

Blunt's ride

Tim's M2

Roy's cover car

Bill's P2

Anything previously mentioned in this thread

and then there is my completed Schwarz 76.

"Common sense isn't common"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

recreate a ti-clone with the addition of hand-formed alpina flares formed on an english wheel.

this car would utilize all the ti-goodies collected over a period of time.

design and fabricate a rotisserie that supports the car from above the front strut mounts

rehab the couple forlorn rust buckets i've saved from the scrap pile.

host an 02 gathering on my property....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

To restore Dad's 1800 Ti/SA as it was raced on the west coast by Heinz Eckhardt, and be accepted to drive it at the Monterey Historic Automobile Races.....

HPIM7969.jpg

Find the original racing log book for the above 1800 TiSA 995183...

To meet Heinz Eckhardt, show him his restored beauty, and be complimented on my driving by him.

To Find Heinz' old SCCA B-Sedan, Trans-Am 2002Ti and restore it to race in the Historic Trans-Am series.... He raced it in Trans-Am once, at Laguna Seca beating Horst Kwech in the Alfa GTA to come in third place.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

my car finished in all its glory! Something so simple yet so satisfying

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Mine is that I had never sold my 71 Alpina prepped car. Have never had another 2002 that felt the same. Quick, light, perfect. Still cant believe that I sold it in 98 to buy an M Roadster. Love, in retrospect, always seems more powerful.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Where do I start..

First- I would take dubioses route and ship my tii off the Bill Williams with a blank check for him to work his majic on...

Second- Get my 76 "Margie" a SR20det, all carbon fiber panels, huge fat tires and alpina flares, the works, and race that biotch in scca (somehow), and dominate.

Third- Buy a completely stock 1600, and a bone stock 71tii to hold on to just incase my sudden supply of money disapears.

Fourth- Clean steve blunt and esty's collection of cool stuff out and put them in my new 3 story house on the lake that has a 10 car garage... and 2 lifts... a climate controlled paint booth, and all the welding supplies, special tools (frame straightner etc), and all the normal tools I could need.

Damn.. I guess I better get busy with my college eduacation a?

And those are just the 02 related cars id get, dont get me started on what other cars I would get (cough cough DB9)

Well... once I win the lottery (even though I dont play) I'll buy all my 02 buddies their dream 02's too, so start sucking up ;)

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

an early 1600 6v 100% stock in its juice non restored with patina and usable as is.

...maybe like this one...

14110_1024.jpg

that one made me droll...

Hey Pat if I ever sell my 1600 (identical to your pic there) I'll email you first..start saving up now LOL :) I like Tom's wishes, very cool! I wish there was a way I could remove all the door dings from the 1600 without damaging the original paint in the process...

post-1668-13667617420533_thumb.jpg

post-1668-13667617422555_thumb.jpg

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600

To someday buy "Mo's 72 tii" and change it back to manual (5-speed), take off the rear view camera, the painted mirrors, take out the carbon fiber dash, and restore the beltline trim.

:-)

(just joshin ya Marc)

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

My dream would be to have the time AND money (at the same time) to do what is needed to my car(s).

My ~fantasy~ would be to hit the lottery and be able to do up my car(s) right, and maybe play Santa Claus and help out some other FAQers with their projects.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes