• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is your dream? (only related to 2002 please)

bluedevils

Hey Pat if I ever sell my 1600 (identical to your pic there) I'll email you first..start saving up now LOL :) I like Tom's wishes, very cool! I wish there was a way I could remove all the door dings from the 1600 without damaging the original paint in the process...

That's awesome, what a job you did on that car. My dream is a 67 1600 with some period correct mods

70 M2 2.5L 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

similar to the dream thread but this thread shows how great some people's reputations are and how so many people want to take their cars to them.

awesome.

my fantatsy: have an 02 that is running very well, rust-free but patina-ed paint, 5 speed, recaros, sitting in the garage with money/time to tinker.

matt

FAQ member #4044

Hey Pat if I ever sell my 1600 (identical to your pic there) I'll email you first..start saving up now LOL :) I like Tom's wishes, very cool! I wish there was a way I could remove all the door dings from the 1600 without damaging the original paint in the process...

yours is too nice...id prefer one with a more sick look, i still want to wrench-up !!

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Ahhhh,

My dream would be to fulfill my vision for my car - turbo body kit, Megasquirt/EDIS/Turbo/5-speed/LSD, sunroof, custom paint and interior with kick-ass sounds, etc. This implies the time/energy, money and facilities to do it properly. Getting it done in time for V@V 2010. Driving it like I stole it. And lastly, being a positive influence on others that share the passion for these special cars (and others as well).

-Marc

A 73 or older ripped apart and rebuilt like new. Malaga and black Alpina style paint job.

S52, 4 wheel disk brakes, Alpina rims 17", Box flare fenders, Billstein shocks, Eibach springs, 5 speed manual, limited slip dif, ground effects, rear seats from an 80's 6 series (I think they fit), Hallogen Headlights, Rally Lights, Fog Lights.

So you know, pretty basic stuff...

Turbo M10 (incoming)

Finish Interior (incoming)

Turbo front spoiler (maybe incoming?)

Cage (dreaming)

Some better offset 3 piece wheels and 13x8 ATS classics as winter wheels (dreaming)

That's about it, I basically have my dream car already. =)

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

My dream? To quit making the same mistakes over and over again.

Oh, you think that's not 2002-related? The mistakes I make over and over again are usually related to trying to do everything on the cheap.

Revised dream: To have enough coin and time that I have a way out of making the same mistakes over and over again.

Short of that, oh, maybe a Turkis rust-free roundie tii with a/c and Panasports, shiny but with some patina on it to keep it honest, for $5k.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

my 69 to have a s14 motor.

get another 2002 that is fully stock.

jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com