• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glad to be back!

ibjettin

Ever since the day i watched my 72tii drive off I knew I had to get another 02. Recently a 71' shell and 76' parts car showed up on craigslist but i wasn't able to jump on it before Frenchee beat me to it. Luckily with the help of other FAQers I was able to get it from him since it was a big project to take on.

After getting both cars I realized that the 76' is actually in really great shape, no rust and for the most part a complete car minus the front fenders. The 71' shell is a solid car and if i wanted another roundie i would tackle swapping all the parts from the 76' to that one. I learned from my last build that starting from a shell will take a long time and a lot more money than what i can put into it right now. The good thing is the 71' has brand new brakes, steel braided lines, Bilstein Sports, Suspension Technique springs and good sway bars. My plan is to swap all these new parts over to the 76' and find a new home for the 71'

I'm pretty excited and am looking forward to get behind the wheel again! This is a great forum with a great group of enthusiast that have always been great to help out. Thanks to Julio, Daniel, Aashish, Jan, and of course Frenchee for helping get back into one.

I'll post some pictures when i get back over to my garage!

I am very happy to see you back behind the wheel of a 2002.....

It will be a sweet project let me know when you'll will be over to the shop again I have that glass, air dam,and trim to swing by.

Julio

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

hey brian, keep the '71. you never know when you might have a desire for a 'pair of 02s'. his and hers, perhaps?

you are gonna love that '76.

i can't wait to see your designer's eye applied to it.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

(nt)

Current:

- 1970 Colorado 2002, 1982 323i, 1972 Porsche 914, 1956 Porsche 356A Coupe replica, 2003 Mini Cooper S

Past:

- 1980 320is Turbo, 1972 Malaga 2002tii, 1973 Polaris 2002tii, 1973 Sahara 2002, 1981 Alpina C1 2.3, 1989 M3, 1984 Hardy & Beck 327S

Welcome back Brian.

Only thing is, you never really left. It was always on your mind. BTW, if you ever need anything, just drop me a line.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Thanks guys! You're right Cris, at least now i have one rather than regretting selling the tii. I'm definitely plan on going in a different direction with this one.

It will be a sweet project let me know when you'll will be over to the shop again I have that glass, air dam,and trim to swing by.

i'm going to try and get over there sometime this weekend, i'll give you a call.

Luckily with the help of other FAQers I was able to get it from him

Welcome back! though I hope you and the gang didn't rough up Frenchee too bad, I hear he's a very nice guy!

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

Luckily with the help of other FAQers I was able to get it from him

Welcome back! though I hope you and the gang didn't rough up Frenchee too bad, I hear he's a very nice guy!

Hahaha, no Frenchee wasn't roughed up. He is a nice guy, ambitious and ended up with a better car for him. It still needs a bit of work but a good start.