• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find a compact spare tire for our '08 MINI?

SteveJ

The run-flats on the Clubman are dead! At least 2 of them are.

Just for giggles I had the dealer give us a quote for replacing 2 tires. About $760. For 2 tires.

On to the Tire Rack to see what real tires are going for. Anywhere from $98 to $200+ for all out rubber. Nice, normal prices.

So, we WILL be changing over to real tires and not ones that are desingnd to go flat. (Sort of like a ship that's designed to sink.)

Now I will want a space-saver spare to put in the boot where the factory made a space for it, but do not include it in the US market. So far, the only one I have been able to find is from MiniMania. They are nice people , and I wouldn't mind buying from them, but $299.99 for a donut!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! There HAS to be another source.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

My wifes car is an '04 MCS with 58,000 mi. Our biggest complaint with the car is the run flats which I replaced with Avon M550's, and the subsequent lack of a spare. I have liked the Avons. We have had consistent soft tires. If we keep the car I'm going to replace the factory wheels. I will never buy another car with run flat tires and no spare.

I would check with the local Mini dealer. I also have a bud at another local Mini dealer still if you'd like me to drop him a line.

I can source the spare tire itself for you and mount it.

BTW, I'll also match ALL online pricing.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793