• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dont know why but I kinda like this car

Armond

When I was in high school, my older brother had a white '72 Pinto & my older sister had a white '73 Pinto. I did some of my first drives in my sister's car. (also in my dad's 2002) Later, my brother had a '74 Mustang II which was a Pinto all over again. We drove the crappy little Mustang through blizzard conditions across the state of Indiana one night. Scary, but we made it OK.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Armond! I say this from the heart. you must have the flu. You are not well. Take two aspirin, go to bed. Think better of this. You think it might be ok, but that is only because you haven't driven one. For the most part, the 70's were the worst period for US cars, especially the small ones, which they didn't even want to make. Has anything changed on that? If you like the Pinto at least get a Pacer

I was shotgun in one in 74 when this chick I met ;), drove us off a cliff outside of Boulder. I didn't know she was trippin'. Airborn across the gorge, bang into the rock and fall 35'. I had just hiked 75% of the Pac Crest Trail and then ridden a bike from Seattle to NY so I was kinda in shape which the doctor said saved me.

They do have the good safety glass so when you stick your head thru the windshield it doesn't cut you.

What is the ultimate grocery getter? I think Mike Pugh's English Ford wagon with the M10.

02s are easy to love. Pintos and their ilk aren't going to win any performance awards or have those 02 smile-inducing powers, but I prefer their styling to generic modern stuff. I would definitely drive one around town and say go for it.

Of course I get grief from my local Bimmer club for spouting this type of nonsense every chance I get.

Bruce

'75 2002 - Fjord

Now that you are venturing into "no-man's land", how about a:

AMC Hornet

AMC Matador

AMC Ambassador

Chevy Citation X-11 (Ooooh, kinda sporty with those stripes)

Renault Alliance (aka "Appliance"). These had a really cheap accelerator cable.

Renault Fuego Turbo!

Renault LeCar (try changing the oil on one of these)

Chrysler K-Car (first gen!)

Dodge/Chrysler Omni/Horizon (first gen. Omni's used the VW Rabbit engine but with a different carb setup!)

We ONLY have about 12" of snow so I'm making the most of my FAQ time.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

by all means, Armond! The Pinto or the Gremlin would be wonderful for you! I whole-heartedly support you!

there you go funk..I always knew you had it in you.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

by all means, Armond! The Pinto or the Gremlin would be wonderful for you! I whole-heartedly support you!

there you go funk..I always knew you had it in you.

Oh Armond, you know how happy I'd be to send you out on a busy expressway in an underpowered unreliable deathtrap!

Let's forget all the past failures of the auto companies and their painful lessons, and just embrace what our heart tells us to do! God will protect you!

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Oh Armond, you know how happy I'd be to send you out on a busy expressway in an underpowered unreliable deathtrap!

Let's forget all the past failures of the auto companies and their painful lessons, and just embrace what our heart tells us to do! God will protect you!

I said my plan was to use it to go get groceries Funk..I wasnt palnning on taking a trip to tahoe with the damn thing..but like anything else, have you heard of a 2002 being safer on the freeway compared to newer cars theses days? it doesnt make any difference funk...c'mon funk..you're arguing with yourself like always. keep the faith.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

ok...ok..guys..I'll pass. you guys are too much.

wait..how about the Gremlin?

Actually that's a Pacer. My wife used to find them cute. Thankfully, car buying is my department at home, or I would be surfing the PacerFAQ right now.

15351.jpg

My brother used to own a Pinto wagon just like this one, except it was worn out..

79pinto5.jpg

One of the crappiest cars I've ever driven.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290