• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAAB is dead; who's next?

Jim_75Sahara

Seems a shame - they were different and built some innovative, interesting cars. I thought the Swedish govt. was going to scoop them up, but no, not happening. I think Chrysler will disappear next since FIAT is acting phoney --- all talk and no action. (& no money)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Seems a shame - they were different and built some innovative, interesting cars. I thought the Swedish govt. was going to scoop them up, but no, not happening. I think Chrysler will disappear next since FIAT is acting phoney --- all talk and no action. (& no money)

saab was dead (to me) the moment GM bought them. same with volvo and ford. '80s 900x series is one of jenna's favorite cars. gotta get one someday! ;) (same goes for 80s volvo wagon..)

I agree with you Jim re. the advertising -- it was silly. And, yes, I agree w/Rob re. the GM kiss of death. My dad once had an 81 SAAB 900S turbo -- great car. I thought it was ahead of its time. An early 70's SAAB 99 certainly made a statement in a world of barge-like US-built cars! I still need to drive a Sonnet to see what they're like....

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• 2 weeks later...