• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just a little disconcerting...!

THE1ST3

I am not mentioning any names nor cars, BUT if you buy an 02 on CL and try to sell it on the same CL at DOUBLE the price ONE WEEK LATER (and previously ask here on the FAQ whether the "original" asking price is fair), at least change something about the car...like the sheepskin seatcovers...or the driving lights...or the sunroof air deflector...or the general vicinity...this one just weirded me out! For the record, I have sold items for profit, but this struck me as kind of a blatant flip...maybe I am just naive.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Hey Bro,

The dude is f'kin with the karma boomerang... Once you throw it out there, it's guaranteed to come back and smack you in the head...

Oh yeah... Its also on ebay. Check out the other thread as brothers Pinepig and CD have summed the car up pretty nicely.

KC

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

Wow,

I see what you mean and he seemed so excited that he bought it when he talked about it on this list. Why the sudden change of heart???

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1518432247.html

He barely even got a chance to drive it and enjoy it with all the snow you have in the DC area. If he got a chance to drive it, it would grow on him and he wouldn't be so inclined to flip the tii. Maybe it's too old school for him since he has an E46 M3..., who knows. The ad says or best offer, make an offer a little over what he paid since we all know what he paid for the car. the seller told us on 14 DEC the following

"Yes, going to go pick up the vehicle tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a good decision and not bite me later on." Karma will come back and bite you on the ass. This column is for enthusiasts, I feel like we've been used just for some 02 info and now that he got what he wants, we're discarded. Not even a profile by the sellers name. Do a google search on M3-ADDICT, you'll see he has his profile on numerous E46 M3 forums but he can't put his profile on ours, go figure.

The seller has it on Ebay for a buy it now price of $25K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-TII-1974-BMW-2002-TII-Low-Miles-Working-Collector-Car_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea9f530f7QQitemZ200419913975QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Ebay item #200419913975

For more info on this subject, check out the following thread.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,333805/

I agree, just a little disconcerting is an understatement.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I dont get it.

A guy buys a car and then sells it. It's his damned car and if he wants to run it over with a bullbozer, so be it. Just because he bought it doesnt mean he has to keep it and never sell it.

Maybe his description on Ebay may take some liberties with definitions and may stretch the details a little, but I'm sure it isn't the first time that has happened on Ebay.

His biggest fault was he joined this mesage board and told people about his find.

Fishhead

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

Like it or not, this is how capitalism works.

What pissed me off was a concrete contractor who quoted me $3000 for a truck load of cement. If I ordered it myself it would cost $2000.

Oh well, What can you do?

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

I wouldn't be mad about it, the guy is I'd guess just trying to catch a fish, or maybe the fish is trying to get off the hook! LOL!

I seem to remember those badass 320I wheels on my 82 as stock and just maybe they were worth more than the complete car?

I did not realy follow it like you guys did, my heart will always be in an NK dreamland, but I'd be very cautious over that L.H. shock tower, the fender rust you basically know what it is, the shock tower rust could be much more serious than it looks without stripping it to get a better look!

This coming from a guy that on roadside had to find a large block of wood about 5" wide to jam between the rear axle carrier and the trailing arm on one of my 4-doors just to crawl home a long time ago!

What do you guys figure the right price is for this car going by the photos without being there?

67 2000 Tilux.

66 2000 Tilux.

67 1600 6-volt.

71 Straight 2000 , last NK I ever drove, her right hand shock tower totally fell apart on April 1st 1990! This is no joke!

82 320I

87 535IS, my beloved ''Giesella" that I've had for 16.5+ years.

i guess since he posted copy of original invoice on car with the name of purchaser and he bought it from original owner last week, buyers could call the original owner for the history.

interesting that original owner traded in a 72 2002 to get the 74 tii.

flipping cars is no big deal....the way the car is being represented is the issue.

2xM3

I dont get it.

A guy buys a car and then sells it. It's his damned car and if he wants to run it over with a bullbozer, so be it. Just because he bought it doesnt mean he has to keep it and never sell it.

Maybe his description on Ebay may take some liberties with definitions and may stretch the details a little, but I'm sure it isn't the first time that has happened on Ebay.

Fishhead

I personally second this. I believe in the freedom of doing whatever you want with the things you own and the free enterprise system.

It is done everyday, businesses buy stuff for a nickel and turn around sell them for a dollar.

What you paid for something has no relevance on what the value is today. If he/she got a great deal, more power to him, if he/she can sell it for more. It is that ability to find those great deals that should be commended. What about the other way, how many times we buy a car and can't even get 20 cents on a dollar? How fair is that? Should the buyer that gets that car for 20 cents on a dollar be look at as a villain? How many times on this board we celebrate when someone does exactly that!

FAQ Member # 91

CB,

I have "flipped" stuff (that I didn't own yet) and made money at it; cars and houses.

I have put items on lay-a-way, and sold them for a good profit, while only using a small bit of my capital.

I couldn't do the "deal" that's being done with this '02. It's not the way to do it, for me.

Someone, somewhere, will buy this car regardless of the flaming done here.

Hehe, I've got a '73 Sahara 2002a......"garage kept" and all original for just

$5,000!

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

The Craigslist ad for the tii is still up, the tii has zero bids on Ebay and as of yesterday, he was marketing the tii on Bimmer Forums.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367460

Then he tries to peddle some counterfeit watches on bimmerforum

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1280855

Karma will come around and bite you on the ass.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner