• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions wanted.

Delia

There are some good things about this one...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ctd/1516592036.html

And there are some not-so-good...

I'll reserve my opinion for later.

:)

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The car has been personalized greatly, which narrows its appeal for many potential buyers, even though it looks well executed from the pictures. Other than that, if it's as represented, which is a huge "if", I don't think the price is out of line at all. For the price of a late model Focus, you could be driving this!

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

the car screams - aggression in a way reminiscent of the 80's, probably due to the blacked-out trim.

even standing still, it looks like it's moving fast...

it walks a narrow line between 'just enough' look-at-me elements and smacking you on the side of the head with a demand to look-at-me.

i'd enjoy driving it, at least for a while, but i typically prefer the sleeper look. if i were to go all out for speed i'd prefer a more sedate exterior color so as not to invite too much police attention.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

reveal serious uglyness under the shiny paint it appears to be a well done car.

I'm not a fan of blacked out / body color trim on 50's/60's/early 70's cars - personal opinion, but I'd like it better with the appropriate anodized aluminum and chrome trim, bumpers, grills, etc.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I like it, the blacked out trim gives it nice contrast.

As mentioned, becareful of hidden damage. Do and/or have it inspected.

Seems like a lot of money for a regular 02, how fresh is the Korman engine?

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

I like it, I think the modifications are very tasteful and not over the top. Like the black trim, goes well with Verona. How it runs should be deciding factor. It is begging for a 5 sp and a limited slip, if the paint looks as nice in person, then I would say I wouldn't have any problems driving this car, or writing that check. I always wanted to own a dual carb, but Bacchus would be terrible jealous. This car, pardon the expression is a panty dropper!

post-154-13667617796737_thumb.jpg

FAQ Member # 91

I like the blacked out trim in certain cases. I do think if you are going to black out the trim, it has to go with the body color though... and I don't believe this is one of those cases where they work together. I'm also not a big fan of red in general (yet I've owned 3 red vehicles). This is definitely a custom car. Like those above me said, if an inspection revealed that this restoration was done right, and the buyer is into the color scheme, this could be worth the money.

1969 2002 - Tanya

The description *probably* did not mean to misrepresent the engine content, where it claims "Polished Titanium Rockers" which I can pretty much guarantee are not present inside this engine. I'm guessing they have polished stock rocker arms inside their Korman stage II rebuild.

Titanium rockers? Well.. likely innocent mistake.

At least there's not the steady stream of BS that the 'flipped in one week tii' seller listed:

$600 momo prototipo (4 X retail $)

$1500 E21 alloys (10X retail)

"Original paint" (bahhh)

// Factory Carpet // in the trunk ??

// Factory Fire Extinguisher // Not close

// That's outer rust only, from inside of the wheel wall there is no rust or holes. // That rust is from INSIDE the rear upper spring perch, now perforating the shock tower.

// No Rips, Clean Interior - Left Side // What's under the sheepskins?

// Factory First Aid Kit, Never Used // Looks like two Amyl Nitrates leftover!

Having grown up in the 80s and early 90s reading VW & Porsche and European Car, I've got to say I love the way this 02 looks. I'm not usually a fan of the blacked out trim, but on some colors it just works. Verona is one of those colors.

I only hope it comes across as well in person -- and on the road -- as it does in these photos.

76 BMW 2002 m20

05 Ford Focus ZX-3 SE

That car screams 80's to me, done well but very personalized. I like it overall, a couple things I'm not a fan of but easily changed. Problem with that price point is most buyers are not looking for a car that they will have to immediately change stuff out on and with that car, I would expect to find a 5 speed and LSD at least.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

Not a fan of blacked-out trim, unless it was stock (as on the E30M3).

The trim appears to have been done right, with ALL the trim being changed including the side markers, etc... I think that if I were to do that job, I would have deleted the side markers and such to go for a cleaner look. At least all the trim was not done in the Miami Vice style of whiting out everything on a white car.

Funny...back in the day we used to black out/paint trim pieces because we liked the look. Now days it's because the original stuff is SO damn expensive.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes