• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions wanted.

Delia

looks like a nice clean car. wish the pics were larger. not my thing. i dont like the black at all. i think the brightwork is what really makes a nice 02. but thank god we dont all like the same thing.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice car. I would agree with some of the posts that would have preferred that a 5-speed (at least) and LSD should have been part of the resto.

The blacked-out trim and overall finish looks well executed. Not my cup of tea, but overall, I like the looks of the car. I too would have deleted the front side markers. I'm curious as to why these high-dollar 02 restoration projects seem to fall short in the interior?

At $13K, you've got to check it out first-hand to make sure there's not something overlooked. I wonder what exhaust? It looks as though it should be a blast to drive.

Is it me - perhaps I'm more sensitized as now I own one, or are 2002's coming back into vogue?

Let us know what you decide.

Marc

It's at Park Place.

Here is the link to view larger pictures. http://www.parkplaceltd.com/inventoryDisplay.aspx?s=used_detail&year=1973&make=BMW&model=2002&inv=282&vin=2598722&total=20&pos=20&current=1&size=50

My opinion is that is looks like a really nice car. I'm not a fan either of the black trim. But it does look nice and screams 16 classic 80's. Personally I love the 80's but that's a whole seperate conversation. Color looks nice and I like those seats. Couldn't do that car for the money they are asking.

Good luck.

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

So, my thought is...

Why make a 2002 look like THAT...

...when you can buy one of these:

25163300005_large.jpg

???

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

So, my thought is...

Why make a 2002 look like THAT...

...when you can buy one of these:

[E30]

???

Well said ! Thank you.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

And, the black paint will peel off from the bumpers and mirrors after few miles. At 13K, I'd rather have the shiny chrome bright work. Buying from used car dealers is always a problem, they cover everything really well, by the time you drove it home it is too late, you know you just got screwed.

I like it, I think the modifications are very tasteful and not over the top. Like the black trim, goes well with Verona. How it runs should be deciding factor. It is begging for a 5 sp and a limited slip, if the paint looks as nice in person, then I would say I wouldn't have any problems driving this car, or writing that check. I always wanted to own a dual carb, but Bacchus would be terrible jealous. This car, pardon the expression is a panty dropper!

I like it and I like Panty droppers It would be a cool fast car to own, but would change the black trim.

Jb

post-2371-13667617834236_thumb.jpg

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

i'd enjoy driving it, at least for a while, but i typically prefer the sleeper look. if i were to go all out for speed i'd prefer a more sedate exterior color so as not to invite too much police attention.

Sorry but my golf yellow 02 with its extremely loud exhaust has attracted no real attention from the plod over here, I say if it looks good and not about to fall to pieces they have no real intention of pulling you up!

PS I am also a provisional driver which means me car gets around with nice P plates telling everyone Ive only being on the road for a couple of years... Can't wait to lose those things and the restrictions behind them.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

10559556_003.jpg

absolutely tasteless, vulger, obnoxsus window tinting - BLETCH!

and the nitwitt doesn't know a " itg " air filter

from a ' ITA ' filter in the ad description

10559556_021.jpg

Merry Something

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

OK, let's try this from a different perspective...

You can have a car like that without:

five-speed

lsd

A/C

power windows

power rack and pinion steering

factory sport seats

factory header front

intermittant wipers

factory front/rear spoilers

...for $13,500...

or...

a car like this:

...plus $10K in your bank account.

post-169-13667617843191_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Anyone who is familiar with Park Place Motors, would know that their prices are extremely optimistic. For example my son was interested in Miata for a price of about $5800 from PP, but ended up buying one (in almost mint condition) for $4000 from its original owner. Park Place handles many exotic lines including Lotus, Maserati, Ferrari, which should also tell you something.--Jim