• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeler: FS/T 1969 1600 w/Korman engine ++++

elementfmfl

*******************SALE PENDING******************************

Feeler:

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp65/elementfmfl/1600%20W%20Korman%20stage%201/

I have a 69 BMW 1600, body all original, NO rust California desert car. Minor surface rust none thru. Engine bay completely restored prior to new engine install, All work and I mean all work done by Sports Car Restoration w reciepts, (minus the fan install and seat delete) no messing around in the yard! Heres what the car has:

Current

69 1600 Rust free roundie shell

Korman Stage 1 Engine w/piano tops ++++

Ported/polished head

Ireland Engineering 292 cam

Dual 40 italian weber carbs

tii Header

5 speed conversion

Lightened Korman FLy wheel

Ireland Engineering alum radiator

Battery Relocation to trunk w Top End Performance Strut Brace

Electric fan upgrade

Upgraded 19MM front sway with poly

Billy Sports up front

Eibach Stage 2 Springs

Euro shorty rear bumper/ Have front not installed

Custom Dual pipe glasspack Monza center exit exhaust set up

Panasports w toyo track tires

Recaro seats

Momo wheel/shift knob

Heater Box refreshed/Including NOS Early heater valve

Center console delete: I have an early short center console with working original blaupunkt and original single working speaker ready to drop in

Rear seat delete: I have a rear seat as well ready to go in Rear seat delete

Custom front light bar w Hella 500s mounted.

Front fenders rolled

New windshield including front gasket

New rear window gasket

Much rubber replaced

Also added but not pictured, Heat coating to tii manifold

Manifold shield

Not installed:

New Carpet kit

Conplete early Center console

No running issue I am aware of

The not perfect:

The Body has some dings here and there

Paint is not perfect (however has an amazing patina, that matches the cars personality IMO)

Tires currently track tires. Car has not seen track time. Tires came with wheels and I love the way they handle. This should tell you the car doesnt see any bad weather!

There is alot in this car, its a rocket. Sounds amazing and gets looks everywhere.

What Im looking for:

Cash is good OR

Complete Euro S50 engine/trans swap ready to go, plus some cash. Possibly a Complete S50 E30 car set up ready to go. Or something..... Let me know what you have, or have in mind. Im in CT would prefer to keep this local to avoid any BS.

post-10316-13667617880731_thumb.jpg

Modern cars... They all look like electric shavers.

Hey there-

I saw yourcar at lime rock. Iwas the guy who couldn't get his car down to the track. 71 1600. Your car is a beaut....What neighborhood are you talking cash...probably a stretch for me but interested. I guess I could sellmine and upgrade??

Kev

70' 1600 Malaga

75' 2002 polaris 91-95

2000 328i 95k

2003 GMC Envoy-stolen and replaced

2010 GMC ACADIA

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 247k

SiteNamecopy.jpg

The car has 15k into it. I realize it is rare to get back what you put into a car. With that in mind I am looking for 10k area. A Korman engine build alone is worth nearly that. The engine has under 5000 miles on it. I have put 1500 on it. The car it was in was a complete resto done by Korman the engine being built at that time. The owner decided to upgrade to a S motor and this engine became available. SCR offered the engine to me, I did the research on the engine and found Korman stage 1's run stock cams. So I had SCR build a new p&p'd head and install an Ireland Engineering 292 cam, at that time I aslo sourced the Dual Italian weber 40's so the top half of the engine was rebuilt with all the upgrades and installed. The engine bay had several holes drilled for ac and other things over the years. SCR returned to bay to stock condition and painted. Installed engine and new parts as needed. I have complete records of all work done and SCR has photos of process. The goal was since the new engine was going in, to get the bay restored as most people neglect the area. Other components where also repaired or replace as needed. So things like control arms and the like where done also.

SCR has maintained this car and their Braintrust of BMW enthusiam consulted on everything done, planned or thought about. This car was built to drive, and drive fast, to be acceptable to the purist but tastefully modded with bad ass qualities. Anyone who has seen the car in person understands the concept, and always walks away with a smile on their face. If there is anything I didn't answer satisfaction drop me an email. To be honest I don't have a ton of pictures. This car was built for the driver mentality (rocket fast, nimble, track stiff and responsive). I take her to shows for fun, To meet and hang w other 02er's so I never really got into shooting tons of pics.

T-

Sorry I have the email written was just adding some pix when my laptop battery choked. I will get the email off to you when I get home from work tonight around 1.

In the mean time drop me an email if you want to call me I'll send u phone number.

Brian

*****************************BUMP*********************************

Anybody interested? I found a car I would like to replace my 1600 with. I will add in a 71 parts car, with many good usable parts, including a near perfect early dash, aftermarket trailer hitch ++++. The rare shorty center console with period correct blaupunkt radio/speaker and some other choice parts to sweeten the deal. first 10K its your ready for spring as is. Or paint and have the most badass 1600/2002 on the East Coast hands down...

Brian

elementfmfl@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...