• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone get anything fun for Christmas?

thehackmechanic

Dropped a big hint to Maire Anne (like sent her the link to buy the thing on Amazon, which is, of course, like buying it for myself, but hey we all know we have to take these matters into our own hands... :^).

I've been wanting to try this for a while, as it looks like it will provide easy ability to compress the spring while the strut is still in place under the fender arch (note that, unlike the threaded compressors, there's nothing that sticks up above the top plate).

I'll let you know how it works out.

Anyone else get anything fun?

--Rob

post-830-13667617914881_thumb.gif

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I buy myself the car related presents, and this year it was a turbo steering wheel for my Porsche. As we know, a sporty steering wheel changes the feel of the car completely. It's great!

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Well, just yesterday I received the balance of the $3500 I made for selling "Dewey the Christmas 02", and got to be there for the "Merry Christmas" delivery to the new owner - a 14 year-old boy named Nick with (I think) the coolest father in the world.

Alas, the kid's older sister had been reading their father's texts and spoiled the surprise somewhat by mentioning a "pink slip".. Who DOES that?

Anyway, it was cool to make a mint on selling an '02, AND feel good about seeing it go to a good home.

Happy H02idays everyone...

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

My three daughters did well, fuses from Steve, pedal pads from La Jolla Independant, seatbelts from Blue devils, and a 70's NOS Hella rear fog/brake light from "Nico" in the Netherlands, quite a Christmas.

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

i got the coolest little tin lunchbox-like container with the 3-Stooges on it from my sister.

after i enjoy an evening of watching the CD of the three stooges i'm gonna use this little nifty 3-Stooges tin lunchbox to store my emergency tools in the trunk of my 02.

would it be insensitive to ask her to fill my little box with a Snap-on tool set, too?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa