• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone get anything fun for Christmas?

thehackmechanic

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

beer!

something no 02 gathering is complete without

Quoth Bob and Doug M.; "and a beer."

Haven't seen their 12 days o' Christmas in a while...need to surf the net for it.

I got an engine stand to aid in the rebuild. I think my wife really wants this old parts car outta the driveway.

Zac C., are you listening? Soon brother, soon.

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)

$ from Mrs Claus to get some brakes!

Rob, depending on how the strut mounting nut is exposed on the car and my level spasticity, I have on occasion, popped off the dust cap, and spun off the strut's top nut. Then raised the car slowly and presto-chango, and no need for spring compressors.

This method is poor form for several reasons, mostly b/c the shock shaft can spin this way, and we have all taken the oath of no air tool use on shocks/struts we plan to re- use, right?!

Please add your comments for easy install-- haven't figured that one out yet!

74 '02- M2 under construction by SnailPace Restoration, Inc.

88 M3 unmodified when retired from track

97 332is CrewCab (M3/4/5 )

99 MCoupe-- track rat

they had an auto rewind air hose reel with 25 feet of hose on sale for $36, and a Chinese knockoff Binks #7 paint gun for 9.95...couldn't pass 'em up. And my lovely wife gave me a 16" chain saw--not too much good on cars (except woodie wagons) but great for firewood etc.

Cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

A bottle of Naughty Nancy Nut Brown Ale, a GPS unit, and a bluetooth speaker phone, so I can keep both hands and feet where they belong.

I'm hoping the GPS thing helps me find my way out of the paper bag I'm always lost in!

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

New Clutch Kit for my '76! Now I have 3 for it :P I wanted some Hella H4's but didn't get em :\

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

From my wife and family, my stocking contained a set of metric Gearwrenches (reversible type), three screw extractors, two German stamps with a 75tii, BMW 2002 tree ornament, CCA grill badge, case of Castrol 20W-50 oil and a new Nikon D3000 camera. I was truly blessed this year.

Here are my first pics of our "kids" on Christmas morning

Lotus looking like she stayed up all night

pics122509002.jpg

Nola looking sweet as usual

pics122509003.jpg

I've got lots to learn about using the new camera.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Got some $ and a gift certificate to put toward engine work, which is gonna happen finally. I have started dreaming/planning for a cross-country excursion in Dieter once the engine is done. I want to retrace Route 66 and hit the Calif. coast & slowly wind my way back to Ohio. I need to see the Grand Canyon, pueblos, Hoover dam, etc. Plenty of '02'ers I'd want to see too. Mary is interested in riding shotgun. We'll need to get a laptop so we can document the adventures and misadventures. If I don't do it in 2010, maybe in 2011.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Got Forza Motorsport 5 for my Xbox. So, now I can drive my M5 around Road America like I did for real last year. If you like racing...and who doesn't, this is easily the most realistic game I've ever seen. 600 different cars on sixty different tracks all with different spring rates, acceleration, exhaust notes, etc. Autoweek did consulting for the game. Also got a 46" Sony Bravia and the surround sound to make it official. No '02's yet, but M3's and M5's. Have fun.

1970 Atlantikblau 

'11 135i "The Red Rocket"
'13 F10 M 

'07 Carrera GT3 "The Flying Banana"