• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model kit?

biker50610

Have you tried searching on eBay or Half.com? I use Half.com to buy Christmas toys for my niece and nephew.

IIRC, someone here on the FAQ posted about model kits.

Here are some R/C cars and I think a model kit from Roundel 12/84 issue.

RoundelDec84cover.jpg

Roundelcoveritems.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The only DIY plastic kit I have ever seen is of an '02 Turbo. It comes up on Ebay once in a blue moon. The scale is 1:20 (I think). Don't believe anyone makes a kit now; any that you see will be years old & could be missing parts (if they have been opened).

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

ebay only comes up with die cast, and if your talking about the one in the box on front of the mag then that is a 323i turbo kit not a 02

Yes - the model from the old Roundel is a 323. Les is probably right about old kits with missing parts (if opened). I wonder if Ertl ever made a 2002 model kit. I built many models when I was a kid (using Testors super smelly glue and paint).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Guest Anonymous

A place called Gasoline Alley in Seattle has a ton of old model kits at very reasonable prices and most are still sealed. They are on the web and do mail order. Look 'em up.

As noted above, the only plastic assembly kit is the 1/20 Bandai/Entex kit that was originally released in the '70s. I have one, and it is a nicely detailed kit, although not up to the standards of modern kits from Bandai, Hasegawa, Revell, Tamiya, etc. It features opening doors, hood, and trunk, as well as a fairly accurate engine and undercarriage.

Bailey Taylor

1975 2002A

1995 318ti Club Sport

2004 X3 2.5

1999 Wrangler Sahara

2007 Mazdaspeed3

1996 Triumph Speed Triple

All my models are in storage, but there were a four different 1/20 models tat I have found Entex, Bandai - one of these maker had two different 02 models - plus I have one made by ArI or Arii. There are old 1/43 cast models by Chocolate Jaques

Michael Lenhardt (web site: www.minibimmers.com) sells Scala 1/43 kits of 2002 rally cars. These are very detailed models with metal bits and pieces, etched pieces for trim, grilles, seat belt buckles, etc. The models are cast resin and not plastic like most American models. Michael also sells hand built versions of the model (in the $180 to 200 range). The kits themselves are in the $40 to $60 range if I remember correctly. I have bought one myself (see photo) but have not started building it yet. Go to 2002 racing cars on his website for examples, but I think you may have to email him for a list of kits that he has. By the Michael is a member of BMW CCA and is a good guy. I have bought many BMW models from him.

The number 76 BMW 2002 TAP Rally model is also a very nice 1/18 Model that I bought from Michael. This model also has opening hood (with realistic hinges and brakets), trunk and doors. Very nice!

post-14441-13667617976065_thumb.jpg

post-14441-13667617977546_thumb.jpg

Michael Lenhardt (web site: www.minibimmers.com) sells Scala 1/43 kits of 2002 rally cars. These are very detailed models with metal bits and pieces, etched pieces for trim, grilles, seat belt buckles, etc. The models are cast resin and not plastic like most American models. Michael also sells hand built versions of the model (in the $180 to 200 range). The kits themselves are in the $40 to $60 range if I remember correctly. I have bought one myself (see photo) but have not started building it yet. Go to 2002 racing cars on his website for examples, but I think you may have to email him for a list of kits that he has. By the Michael is a member of BMW CCA and is a good guy. I have bought many BMW models from him.

The number 76 BMW 2002 TAP Rally model is also a very nice 1/18 Model that I bought from Michael. This model also has opening hood (with realistic hinges and brakets), trunk and doors. Very nice!

post-14441-13667618014076_thumb.jpg

post-14441-13667618015758_thumb.jpg