• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will someone identify this common wheel for me?

Samplemaven

These wheels came with my car...but I have a new set of Tii alloys that I've bought and am using on my project car.

I'm considering refurbishing these wheels, so I'll have a second set of wheels..in case I want a different look from time to time.

What do you think...worth the little expense and labor?

Thanks,

post-16885-13667617963689_thumb.jpg

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Very common indeed.. I have them on my car and they shined up nice for me with oven cleaner and steel wool. I would not put a lot of money into them since they are super common and thus dirt cheap but I think they look pretty great on my car.

Achtung Lieber Himmel!

1976 Rot und Schwartz daily driver "Otto Q. Gilgamesh"

I've gone to great lengths, to get a decent set of 5, blasted & painted. Last two just finished. I'll clear coat them before having rubber mounted. What a difference from what they looked like before they went to the shop.

I read a bunch of neg comments on them here, the other day, but I think they'll be a great 2nd set of wheels.

This particular wheel is actually bent, but you can see how they returned to life after getting a face-lift.

Turbine Blasted & Painted - Dull Aluminum

Turbine Blasted & Painted - Dull Aluminum[/img]

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

they are very nice looking wheels...the only issue i have with them is the improper offset and thus they stick out past the fender in the front a tad...just a pet peeve of mine and wheels....

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Yes, the 320i wheels are radially-spoked and thus in some sense are "Alpina-style" but dirt cheap. The observation that they're offset a little bit more toward the outside is correct, but many people actually prefer the stance that they give the car. Beware of using them with lowered springs, though, for this very reason.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

My first project car came with a new set of 13" Michelin's that mayl work with these wheels...if the wheels are 13" as well. I'll check that out tomorrow.

I think the wheels can clean up pretty cheaply so I'll probably go forward if everything fits. I'll check the offset since I do have a set of lowering springs.

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006