• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Subframe Bushings Carrier Mounts

RoccoGilroy

Hey guys, my rear subframe bushings are waisted! I bought the front and rear urethane bushing kits from Ireland Engineering but they were not included. I would prefer urethane but I will definitely take the rubber ones. I found them in a few places online but they are like $100 for the 2 I need. Way overpriced like everything for 02's. Does anyone have a set that they would be willing to let me have for cheap? I have a tone of cracked ones so no junk please. Thanks for your time fella's! Rocco from Gilroy CA. roccoschool@hotmail.com

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

Way overpriced like everything for 02's.

I don't have any , however, I'd like to respond to the above quote.

Not everything is over priced, if you just know where to find it.

This forum is your best start!

Los of people here have tons of stuff and are willing to let it go at a fraction of the NEW price.

Myself for instance...I have "chopped up" 5 rusted 2002's and have sold tons of great parts over the last 10 years at a fraction of what a part is new or (junkyard) used.

If you don't get a response the first time around...keep at it, you're bound to find someone who has the parts sitting on a shelf somewhere & will sell (or give) them to you at a very reasonable price.

just my .02 cents.

jonny

8-)

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Im very sorry if I come off a little bitter. Here's a little back story. My brother inlaw was a Dinan mechanic and now strips cars for a living. He had a 75 and I fell in love with it! I waited to find a good deal and after a 2 months I found a screamin deal. 2 cars both running for $1200. One was a 1971 1600 and the other was a 1970 2002. So I borrowed the cash and embarked on my first project, Nievelly!!! I thought I could spend about a $1000 and have a good daily driver. I wasnt trying to restore anything to showroom, I just wanted a good daily driver that got good gas millage.

As it turned out, the motor in the red car was waisted so we decided to swap it for the 1600 motor. 1600 had a waisted body but a good motor and the 2002 had a good body with a waisted motor. So we pulled the 1.6L and parted the rest of the 1600 out. Being a dinan mechanic, brother in law is a "Do it right the first time" kinda guy so instead of just swapping the motors he told me to rebuild the 1.6L while it was already out. This was just about the beginning of my nightmare!

The first phase went something like this. Rebuild motor top to bottom. After about a $2000 (ON THE CREDIT CARD BECAUSE I WAS UNEMPLOYED) and a major 2002 learning curve the motor was finally done. This took about 3 months. While waiting for the motors completion I had to source out a completely new interior. The 1600 came with no interior at all and the 2002 had ratty carpets, shreds seats, and a torn up headliner. So I got to work finding a second hand or budget friendly interior. Got the front seats off Ebay $200 used in black cloth. Installed a new headliner myself ($100). New carpet kit from the guy on Ebay ($125). All new rubber seals all the way around ($250). Tones of other stuff im forgetting im sure to complete the interior. Then moved on to the suspension. First phase included new tie rods and center link with some used Bilsteins and some lowering springs that I got from someone on the forum here.

Along the way iv been through 3 grindy 4 speeds and an unbelievable amount of common problems. This forum has been my bible over the last year!!! Iv spent so many late nights surfing the archives trying to figure out what I did wrong. I swear to god iv had just about every common problem in the book. (Or forum as it were).

Im on the second phase now and my little Roxanne is up on jack stands again. She's getting new urethane bushings all the way around and now all I need is these rear subframe bushings. She's also having her carb rebuilt. The 32/36 that came with her was sticky and clogged with all kinds of badness. Hoping to have her back on the road soon. So please forgive me if I came off a little gruff originally. Iv got a $5000 credit card bill that gives me a little slack to gripe. I know I havnt even come close to what many of you have done with your beautiful cars but im getting there. Just trying to get my baby back on the road. Thanks again for everyones time and im sorry for rambling. Feels good to get it out there though.

Guest Anonymous

They still have the parts stickers on them and are not cracked. Located in Vacaville,CA.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Im very sorry if I come off a little bitter. Here's a little back story. My brother inlaw ......................................................brother in law is a .............................. This was just about the beginning of my nightmare!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...sounds like the cars aren't the problem???

8-)

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

Cool bro thanks for your "2 cents". You have been extra helpful captain obvious! Thanks to everyone thats replied with valuable information. Still searching. Got a few leads but still without parts. If you got em hit me up. Thanks again fellow 02'ers.