• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Friend or enema? . . .

f1reverb

Guest Anonymous
but "enema"? I am sure there is a message hidden there.

Could be a typo. Maybe he meant friend of enema? Search the photo carefully for clues?

Or, it refers to the name of an unsuccessful 60's tv pilot that was competing with "Wanted, dead or alive?" or "Have enema will travel?" "My favorite enema?" "I'm Dickens he's enema?" "Enema at sea?" "Combat (enema)?" "Voyage to the bottom of the . . . ?"

lol

great work Jay, great show, but "enema"? I am sure there is a message hidden there.

I believe the "Who is it, friend or enema?" line is from an old Bennett Cerf joke when an old lady in the middle of the night in a hospital room is awakened by a noise and shouts it out.

I figured that those here would either like the pic or hate it hence my subject. This was just a test with some new panorama software and I tweaked the colors just to bug people. When I shot the pics I forgot to shoot vertical anyway, so the whole thing's just an testing exercise. Notice my 15mm Nikkor is subject to a lot of lens flare and weird distortion. Look at the edge and ground of the Alpina at the front where the stitching overlaps. That's why I didn't even bother to clean the pic up. I figured that it still would be worth viewing to some here.

P.S. Weird, but my quote marks on the sides of the Who is it line appear as boxes on my screen.

PPS: Now my commas are boxes and the quotes are fine.

Guest Anonymous

I can understand Kitty, or Arlene, or TomP, or HMorgan, or Bud C, but Bennett? I think I actually remember that but from another showcase. Sure it wasn't Berle? Ladies and germs?

I like your fisheye effort. If it was not color correctedwith +chroma, are the flares really that bad? Seems unavoidable given the brightness of the sun and the volume of chrome reflecting it. Would be equally interesting if you were above ground, sort of like a fish eye view as being carried by a bird. Didn't someone have a ladder?

The resolution seems quite good, this is digital? Speaking for myself, please share more. Bravo.

What a cool picture! What software are you using?

I just use the PS CS3 photomerge, and to be quite honest it's pretty awesome! The distortion is pretty much inevitable with a 15mm lens. What camera are you shooting on?

And that orange Alpina makes me just drool all over myself...just sooooooo sexy!

Seeing all those '02s makes me wonder what to do with my grill. Blacked out, blacked out with chrome light surrounds, blacked out with horizontal chrome strips breaking the black....decisions decisions.....

Your photo makes me think of this

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/01/20/us/politics/20090120-inauguration-panos.html

Great pic, Jay. For all of us in the missing 178 degrees, we did have our hoods closed, patiently waiting for our outstanding Jay Hector portraits.

Maybe the "enema" comment refers to those who also have their trunks (boot) open in addition to the hood (bonnet).

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours