• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 bmw 2002 w/ m42 5speed $4500 obo

antiaem

up for sale is a 71 2002 im looking to get around $4500 for it but definitely NEGOTIABLE! also maybe a trade for some other kind of bmw just ask me, maybe we can figure something out!

this car has a lot of work done to it and needs a lot more. it drives and runs fanatastic. ive been driving it alot lately and it gets over 30mpg and thats with out an O2 sensor hooked up! ive started school again and have no time money or place to continue this project, which has a ton of potential! ive gotten more head turns and compliments on this car than any other car ive owned. people just stop and stare or come over and talk to you about they had one when it was new and they had to fight the wife to drive it instead of their new porsche 911! overall the car looks great and shines up nicely and is fun to drive.

the car has an m42 drivetrain out of a 91 318is swapped into it. this includes the transmission (5speed), and the driveshaft and ecu. no mega squirt, no more crap alternator, no more shifter rebuilding, just ultra reliable bmw updated-ness! the entire front subframe was cleaned and painted and alot of new bolts and washers used, really it has a ton of new parts and a lot of wiring replaced. i did a build thread on the entire process (except the wiring part of it, ran out of time) heres the link.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/...opic/t,311900/

its a great car that has alot or work into but does have areas that need addressed, like some rust and a few other things. but i will show and tell all.

heres a list of everything done to it:

the GOOD

ENGINE/TRANS:

m42 on motor, came from an e30 s50 swap car

individual coils on each plug

completely redone , every seal and gasket changed

every part cleaned or painted

custom headers and brand new center exit exhaust. its fairly loud but not unbearable

short shifter (uses the e36 setup instead of 2002)which feels soo soo nice compared to old setup and nice compared to anything new really.

5speed out of same 91 318is

new clutch

single mass flywheel

and 318is driveshaft and new disc and center support bearing

brand new porsche 944 turbo external fuel pump and brand new hard fuel lines( the pump is kinda loud when running)

brand new battery relocated to trunk in a battery box and also has a master cutoff switch in engine compartment

STEERING AND SUSPENSION

brand new bilstein hd shocks all around

IE coilovers and adjustable camber plates

this setup is kinda stif but not too bad its actually a better ride than my friends stock mini cooper S if thats helps as a discription.

also comes with, but not installed carrera suspension rear coilover conversion

all brand new steering components, like tie rods and center steering link

and ball joints

brand new tires on the 320 baskets weaves

and brand new brakes (rotors, pads drums, cylinders)all around

also comes with strut tower brace some no name brand which i havent installed

thats pretty much the good now heres the BAD

the interior pretty much sucks ass! id give it a 4 or maybe 5 out of 10 will post pics!

the head liner needs redone

the seats are dirty as hell

the door cards arent very nice

no center console

no radio

the gas pedal is "rigged" to floor due to rust, ill elaborate with pics as much as possible

ill talk about the rust spots now i guess, its not that bad there are a few but nothing structural the driver side floor pan has a hole around the pedal box hence the gas pedal problem

the spare tire well has a hole

under the rear seat the floor pan has a rust hole and there are a couple little spots under the pass. side rear window and a spot on the hood. like i said these are all either cosmetic or non-structural

as far as the swap goes a few things need to be done to make it 100%, right now as it is it is 100% driveable everyday, but to do it completely right i would say it needs the following:

-a bung for the 02 sensor needs welded on, i have a good sensor and the bung i think it just needs to be welded on.

-the differential needs to be changed to something to match the newer 318is 5speed. it gets great gas milage but isnt as fast as you would think in lower gears given the doubling of hp! i would try and find something in the upper 3's or even a 4.11! is absolutely necessary but it could use it,

and theres nothing wrong mechanically with what it has btw.

-the ecu for the motor is just laying in the glove box, it needs mounted but is fine where it is for now.

-the tach and speedo do not work, the temp and gas does tho.

this is going to be up to the buyer what they want to do! i was going to do a tach/speedo combo from SPA and leave the factory behind it but i have no money for such things and will not attempt to address this! sorry!

in conclusion this is a great car and you can take it how it is a really enjoy it with addressing anything or you can put some time and money into it and have a really nice reliable ride!

post-11197-1366761850319_thumb.jpg

post-11197-1366761850431_thumb.jpg

post-11197-13667618505487_thumb.jpg

post-11197-1366761850646_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...