• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As per Michael D's request:

cj

Pics of Gunther(the Granada car)-

p1010338.jpg

p1010337.jpg

p1010336.jpg

p1010335.jpg

p1010334.jpg

It was an original owner car since 1/70. Bought locally at German Motors in San Francisco, CA. The car was handed down to his Grandson. He installed a Weber 1bbl and could'nt get it running right. I assume he got frustrated and sold it.

I took possesion of it mid December. Luckily, he saved all the old parts. I rebuilt the stock Solex, removed the Weber and installed the Solex along with the stock air cleaner. For some reason, he parted out a ignition distributor and made some sort of frankenstein setup. I removed it and put together a good dist with fresh points(yeah, I know). He installed an electric fuel pump and used vacuum line for fuel line. No wonder the trunk reeked of gas! Anyway, I'm in the process of gathering parts to go back to the stock fuel pump arrangement. I found a huge vacuum leak at the booster, threw in a 39cent seal and bingo! Smoooooth idle and great throttle response.

I picked thru my stash and added the euro lights, rubbed out the paint, polished the chrome, and numerous other things to make it more driveable. Brakes are OK, and I just did a little cleanup under the hood. It's been a great driver so far.

The car also came with the infamous blue binder, folding key and pages of service/repair receipts. As you can see it also has the original CA blue plates. It is also a numbers match car.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Sweetness, what a nice car! Looks quite a bit like the one you and looked at earlier this year. I bet the guys at your work haven't a clue why you drive it every day. Gotta love single barrels!!

Don't rub on that Granada to much or it'll look like mine. :P

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Sweet 02. What fog/driving lights are on that bumper?

They're a pair of Lucas fog lights. I've been searching for another cover to match the one I have. They're the same units that were used by Shelby on his modified Mustangs of the same era. They're also the same units Ford used on the California Editions in '68.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793