• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F.S. 1975 2002 Norcal bayarea CL

Julio

Not mine

looks like a rolling project of sorts.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1537942697.html

Ad reads

"Well it is a straight body with pretty much no rust. 1 owner before me. All registration is current. It is Inka Orange. Vehicle is ok to drive for short distances to move, but I would not reccommend it as a daily driver until the engine is gone through- carb is worn out, engine smokes. Suspension, steering is in good shape. The rear brakes are ok. All pads are ok. The Right front caliper may be sticking, but I was just going to get some Volvo calipers and do the big brake upgrade on the 2002faq board. Glass is all in good shape. But it needs a bunch of little stuff. It is definitly a project car, but with a new engine/carb, and radiator it could be used as a daily driver while all the other stuff gets fixed here and there. I just replaced the water pump, some hoses, and installed the heavy duty transmission mount. Needs a repaint, clear coat is gone. I more than $250 in parts into it so far. If I was to sell it I'd like to get most of my money back. So for the right price I would be willing to part with it. Will come with an E30 battery cable to relocate the battery to the rear for a higher offer. Have front steel braided lines to install. Have a few other misc parts with it that you can have.

You can read up on http://www.bmw2002faq.com/ to see what kind of work you will be looking forward to.

This car needs a good home. Make an offer and we can talk about test driving."

post-2371-13667618533906_thumb.jpg

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Posting is deleted... I wonder if it already sold?

If I hadn't just bought a 75 Golf (here in Denver, that I'm planning on driving back to the bay area tomorrow), then I'd've probably been all over that.

But the Golf will be sweet... When I get home - PICS!!

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

Did you come to denver JUST for the 02?

Yo Matt,

Indeed I did!! Well, kinda.. A friend just moved to Denver, which is what enabled me to even buy the car (as in; having a local to go look at it).. And that friend needed some stuff moved from SF to Denver, AND he needed a car in Denver...

He'd originally intended to rent a U-Haul truck and have one of us drive it out... Instead I convinced him to let me pick up a cheap SF Craigslist car, load it with his crap, and drive it out here to Denver.

Then I'd get to drive the 02 back!! Genius plan!!

The car I ended up getting for him was an '88 535i (another of my favorite models) so this whole trip has been basically Beemer drivin' heaven!!

Except than tomorrow I embark on the return leg IN THE SNOW!! D'oh!

Wish me luck.

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

great story! sounds like it worked out really well for you and your friend. that's what i need to happen. too bad i have no friends moving to san francisco. about the weather, be very safe. we're not to gunnison temps yet but that arctic blast arrived today and it should be below 0˚ tonight and tomorrow night. run while you can!

matt

FAQ member #4044

Hey Matt,

If you ever need someone to drive an 02 out to Denver for you, I can totally do it... It's about $250 in gas and another $100 in Hotel for your driver (me!)... Plus whatever it'd cost to fly me home on Southwest....

(Unless of course, I buy this 318 here, in which case I'd have a car to drive back home... tee hee.)

Anyway, think about it. If you find some awesome Cali car (or a '76 which will be cheaper out of Cali!), let me know. I'll check it out for ya, pick it up, and deliver it...

(Hey, maybe I could make a career of this!) ;-)

Anyway, you know where to reach me.

Cheers,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

wow, thanks so much for the offer adam! funds are limited at the moment, but i'm thinking 2010 may be my year to join the crew of 02ers. the key is to find a candidate that could make the trek that would be in my budget. i'm thinking about $3-4k then get some things worked out for another 1-2k.

again,

safe travels and take lots of pics!

matt

FAQ member #4044

Well, keep an eye out for the cheaper ones too... I'm making this trek in a $1450 car... And the e28 I drove out in cost the same!!

Of course, maybe I'll eat my words ;-)

Will try to take many pics!

Cheers,

A

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)