• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E10 Registration Stats

002Racing

I found this info and thought to share it. I presume that these stats are in Germany only.

Translation of supplemented text...

For 25 years, Thomas Müller published in his magazines, the registration figures for BMW classics. Carefully sorted by model, engine and body variants, there is every year in April, a survey of the fleet. I now have the figures for the 02-series prepared and made into a table.

For us 02-Friends, there is some good news: For the first time the stock rose again slightly. With a total of 3789 vehicles, there were at least 32 more than in 2008. Apparently, some renovations have got back on the road.

The registration figures do not give against the total stock of vehicles. Unsubscribed restored objects are not covered. Nobody knows how many cars pass under a red number or type key without re-admitted, were forfeited because the original letter. In addition, many vehicles were exported. On the basis of registrations but one can deduce the evolution of the stock. It is estimated that for every 02 approved yet another one or two coming.

source: http://www.strichzwo.de/

I wonder if similar stats can be collected for 2002s in Canada and the U.S.

My understanding is that there are many more in North America – comments?

I can vouch for working on resurrection a '73 tii from the dead.

Cheers

post-16944-13667618577283_thumb.jpg

since 1984 mine has been dead 4 times and totaled once...but i wont let her go !!!! ever...

she has out lasted more girlfriends than i care to mention!!!!

got bolts?....well i sell them...ask me how....

bimmerboltsandparts.com

75 2002

88 yamaha ysr50 (street)

88 yamaha ysr50 project

94 jeep yj

84 318i

The 2002 Registry boasts some 2,916 cars, several of them listed as being located in europe. Assuming that these euro cars aren't double listed, the total # of cars in the combined database totals 6,705. Out of a total produced worldwide of 861,940, this represents a mere 0.77% of total production surviving. There are likely many more unaccounted for, but it's still pretty grim.

Contrast that to Porsche which boasts that 70% of all their cars produced are still on the road and you'll see what I mean.

My recently acquired '76 2002 was off the Radar Screen for more than 30 yrs.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

NO. I don't know about Canada, but in the US, registrations are done by each of the 50 states, plus territories, Washington, DC, etc.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

The 2002 Registry boasts some 2,916 cars, several of them listed as being located in europe. Assuming that these euro cars aren't double listed, the total # of cars in the combined database totals 6,705. Out of a total produced worldwide of 861,940, this represents a mere 0.77% of total production surviving. There are likely many more unaccounted for, but it's still pretty grim.

Contrast that to Porsche which boasts that 70% of all their cars produced are still on the road and you'll see what I mean.

My recently acquired '76 2002 was off the Radar Screen for more than 30 yrs.

Cheers!

I have info on 5700 '02s in my amateur Register collection. Like the official Registry, some are RIP, some outside the US and some info dated. Still, it raises the % of survivors by a little using your analogy.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I didn't even know there was a registry. I added my car to it. According to the registry it's an early 69, whereas the other site I checked before listed it as a 70 with a build date of 12/22/69. I don't really care, just curios about the descrepency.

I have a hard time believing there are only that many still around. If I didn't know about the registry, who else doesn't know? The DMV here in Oregon has issues with the earlier short VINs, so there is likely no information.

I talked to a guy that bought a 2002 new in 1976 and he said all his friends ridiculed him because he could have bought two Pintos for the same money. Now how many Pintos do you see around?

1970 2002

Your 2002 is a `70 model year. In the US, due to changing emmision regulations each year, BMW followed the US practice of introducing new models in Sep/Oct. May not have been the same with Europe however and the BMW archives only list build year, not model year.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

The reason the new models came out in Sept. is because nearly all German factories back then were shut down for the month of August for manditory 4-week vacation. Thus, the new tooling and cars began upon their return the first part of Sept. Simple.

Bob Napier

Guest Anonymous
I found this info and thought to share it. I presume that these stats are in Germany only.

For 25 years, Thomas Müller published in his magazines, the registration figures for BMW classics. Carefully sorted by model, engine and body variants, there is every year in April, a survey of the fleet. I now have the figures for the 02-series prepared and made into a table.

For us 02-Friends, there is some good news: For the first time the stock rose again slightly. With a total of 3789 vehicles, there were at least 32 more than in 2008. Apparently, some renovations have got back on the road.

The registration figures do not give against the total stock of vehicles. Unsubscribed restored objects are not covered. Nobody knows how many cars pass under a red number or type key without re-admitted, were forfeited because the original letter. In addition, many vehicles were exported. On the basis of registrations but one can deduce the evolution of the stock. It is estimated that for every 02 approved yet another one or two coming.

Cheers

I just finished reading the post above "Am I driving an E6?" and find it confusing. This table is reproduced in that thread. Since you found it, and have attempted to decipher it, maybe you can also explain what are the differences between the E114, the E6, and the E10 - they all appear to be 1500's 1600's and 2000/2's?

Danke.

Cheers

I just finished reading the post above "Am I driving an E6?" and find it confusing. This table is reproduced in that thread. Since you found it, and have attempted to decipher it, maybe you can also explain what are the differences between the E114, the E6, and the E10 - they all appear to be 1500's 1600's and 2000/2's?

Danke.

If you have a Touring, then you have an E6.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17