• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Totaled Cars?

JasonBird

Guest Anonymous
Jason, this is an awful idea!

I agree with Nick. Most posts from Texas and these pictures give me nightmares. Only way I would think these pics could be "constructive" is if they were the "before" pictures for successful projects.

ZZZzZzzzzzzzzzz

While we're at it, maybe it's worth seeing the crash comparisons of these 3 models. The 2002 did realy well all things considered. Most cars of this period would NOT have faired nearly as well, and I'm certain the driver would have eaten the hood on nost - and maybe the steering wheel.

post-15539-13667618656269_thumb.jpg

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

Guest Anonymous
While we're at it, maybe it's worth seeing the crash comparisons of these 3 models. The 2002 did realy well all things considered. Most cars of this period would NOT have faired nearly as well, and I'm certain the driver would have eaten the hood on nost - and maybe the steering wheel.

Sorry, I think you are as your named and you are treading on your own pseudo science. Its one things to improve the odds, but impacts are all different or rarely the same.

Most cars of the period? Most cars where? US made cars were built like tanks then. Do you really think being rear ended at 30mph in an 02 is that much safer than the same impact suffered by a Ford Pinto? Accident avoidance is another thing. But if I wanted safety in the early 70's: Volvo, Mercedes,Cadillac, Chrysler, Lincoln or an E3 with the tank moved forward of the rear axle.

Yes. An awful idea.

But, then again, what does it mean when true goodness comes out of the CARnage?

When I crunched my 02, I realized a few things:

1- There are some really crappy drivers out there, watch out!

2- There are some REALLY awesome people in the 2002 community and the FAQ in particular. To me, this is what makes these cars valuable.

3- Since my 02 could be rendered useless in the blink of an eye, I had better stop worrying about everything being perfect and just enjoy it while I am able. Dirty, faded paint? Dented, broken trim? Who cares? Just DRIVE!

th_upto8-2-06012.jpg

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Guest Anonymous
Back to the topic at hand, here's my collection

exactly why I hated this thread - ahhhh, they didn't survive. Don't want to know, I'm unsubscribing and sticking my head in the sand.

Me too. This belongs on a special request filtered forum similar to the political junk. If this keeps up readers will see a lot more upper case letters!

I didn't realize this would be so controversial. To those who are still looking, here's my own car from 7 years ago, it's not dead, yet though.

Some people need a dose of reality once in a while to keep their driving in check. Anyway, I'm done posting.

post-2008-13667618673989_thumb.jpg

post-2008-13667618674856_thumb.jpg

post-2008-13667618675706_thumb.jpg