• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's wrong with this picture? . . .

f1reverb

Jay,

I'm sure Jeff and John would be receptive to your request to (try to) allow a photo op during a portion of the SoCal show. Why don't you suggest it to them? They can include info on their website and in the goodie bag (maybe on the display forms we fill out) requesting a period during which you and others can snap a few pics.

That said, I don't give a @#$% about the general public and whether they are interested in attending the show or not.

The general public parks by braille, cluelessly drives around in under-braked 3 ton SUV's with no earthly idea how to control them, knows not what a safe following distance is, or about the physics of what happens when they crash into an '02 while they chat on their cellphones.

!@#$ 'em. They can stay away. Enthusiasts attending the show are interested in looking under hoods.

Have a nice day :-)

Ray

It's the big picture one needs to contemplate.

All those Darn hoods open.....

Yep, those damn hoods open, fulfilling the Domino Theory of '02 anality. Do you really think that someone other than an '02 owner wants to see your engine? You scare the general public away as an '02 with the hood open is ugly as hell, and to the general public all the engines look the same. It's like opening your glovebox when you show off your interior -- stupid. Steve and Tom understand. It's not like you pull off your carbon-fiber hood and set it to the side, as at least that way the lines of the '02 aren't ruined.

Show 'em like you drive 'em, not like you fix 'em.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have to disagree that an '02 is ugly with the hood open....one of the best features of these cars. Any gathering I've attended has opted to display the cars with the hoods open, at least for a little while. As the day goes on some owners opt to close the hood for photos, etc.

If you are "really" a true '02 person you would realize that it's pure "blasphamy" to knock the '02 for showing off it's beauty with the hood open...that is one of the things that makes it beautiful in the first place! :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Yep, those damn hoods open, fulfilling the Domino Theory of '02 anality. Do you really think that someone other than an '02 owner wants to see your engine? You scare the general public away as an '02 with the hood open is ugly as hell, and to the general public all the engines look the same. It's like opening your glovebox when you show off your interior -- stupid. Steve and Tom understand. It's not like you pull off your carbon-fiber hood and set it to the side, as at least that way the lines of the '02 aren't ruined.

Really? That's what this thread was about?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

There's a tiny man walking on the roof of that yellow 02!

And yes, I only ever want to see under the hoods of cars at car shows. I want to see the old timey mechanicry and how they engineered stuff to go before. There's nothing more frustrating for me than seeing a beautiful bizarre contraption or classic car without seeing the engine. They could've paid to put a $30K paintjob on a slow piece of crap and you wouldn't know it.

Screw the one random photographer that's anal about the curves of the car. If I wanted to see a shiny new exterior of a car, then I'd just go down to Chevy dealership or something.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Steve and Tom understand.

What Tom and I understand is that it irritates the crap out of Jay when he wants to take a pic of a car and the hood is open. But that is what he does, he takes some great pictures.

My hood is usually closed because I am too busy driving or just dealing with life in general to clean under there, plus there isn't anything very exciting to see in there. (an 1802 looks just like a 2002) I do enjoy looking at what others have done in the way of underhood upgrades, but like Jay, prefer pics of the cars with the hoods closed.

Here is what it looks like under there.

74touring045.jpg

Here is what I wish it looked like. (taken at SoCal vintage 09)

CIMG5322.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I for one am interested in "under the hood", and I get A LOT of interest on my megasquirt. My car looks pretty good on the outside, but it's what's under the hood that interests most people regarding my car at these events.

But I think it's a great suggestion that we have a "hoods down" period for the photographers.

Jay, you take great pics, I'm certainly willing to accommodate you if you'll take a picture of my car!

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA