• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is the attributed designer of the 2002?

BillWilliams

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

(sorry for the derail- small Lancias from the late '50's/ early 60's provided both proportion and detail to lots of 60's cars)

always thought Lancias were somewhat affordable, but skyrocketed in the last year. That Stratos recently on BaT wasn't affordable, at all lol

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

7 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

a similar crease extends to the NK as well, with the hood and trunk lid extending over the front/rear fenders to create a crease. crease carries through the doors. 02 series has a visually similar crease with hood and trunk lid. an outward crease on the door.

As obvious as it is, I failed to mention the concave crease extending down the sides of the Neue Klasse production cars.  

I don't quite see the same kind of sculptural theme on the 02 series, however.  Certainly not as profoundly similar as the Pininfarina-designed Datsun appears in comparison to the Neue Klasse production car.

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
Guest 02 designer

A lot of words.

Who was the designer of 02?

The 02 was the evolution of a lot of ideas: to understand It's necessary to see the hundreds and hundreds of drawings from which the 02 is born. 

Michelotti was a cousultant very well payed by BMW. Why?

For the 02 project he was the team leader of the group becouse he had the ideas and he was a very expert stylist. 

About the 02 there are his drawings in his archive in Turin and in BMW' archive.

I have seen them.

Moreover there are the contracts between Michelotti and BMW with the date of his collaboration. 

I have read them.