• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed sensors on red-light cameras in California . . .

f1reverb

Full story . . .

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-budget-cameras9-2010jan09,0,3286125.story

"Reporting from Sacramento - Speeding may be dangerous for drivers, but it could soon be a boon for California's fiscal health.

Tucked deep into the budget that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger unveiled Friday is a plan to give cities and counties the green light to install speed sensors on red-light cameras to catch -- and ticket -- speeding cars.

Those whizzing by the radar-equipped detectors at up to 15 mph over the limit would have to pay $225 per violation. Those going faster would be fined $325." . . .

Wonderful. Just what California needs, another tax. At least this one seems to be full of loopholes and doesn't actually make the cities any money!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/us/03arizona.html?ref=us

My favorite part:

Some of the people who got those tickets are contesting them in court and could end up having to pay the fine, but many of them have gone unpaid because drivers know they have a good shot at getting away with ignoring them. When people get tickets, they can pay without question, request a court date and fight the ticket, or simply ignore the ticket because law enforcement cannot prove they received it. The ticket becomes invalid if a violator who ignores it is not served in person within three months. It is nearly impossible to say how many people have ignored their tickets because courts do not track the figure

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

Nice washing machine.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Wonderful. Just what California needs, another tax. At least this one seems to be full of loopholes and doesn't actually make the cities any money!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/03/us/03arizona.html?ref=us

My favorite part:

Some of the people who got those tickets are contesting them in court and could end up having to pay the fine, but many of them have gone unpaid because drivers know they have a good shot at getting away with ignoring them. When people get tickets, they can pay without question, request a court date and fight the ticket, or simply ignore the ticket because law enforcement cannot prove they received it. The ticket becomes invalid if a violator who ignores it is not served in person within three months. It is nearly impossible to say how many people have ignored their tickets because courts do not track the figure

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

May as well have a car which will follow the yellow brick road to your destination without a driver. The chauffeurless car. It will follw the rules. At least I could work on the way to my destination. I need to re-read 1984. Actually no need, as we are living it.

On a lighter note, I did re-read "Catcher in the Rye" and it was a scream 45 yrs later. Much funnier this time!

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti