• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My e30 got hit.....

Harv

So there I am at Euclid Foreign auto parts to pick up my gasket set for the 2002 motor. I pull up and park in front. There is a red Jetta in front of me about 20 feet and offset to the left. There are tire tracks in the snow in front of it where people have pulled out into the street. This guy (the parts runner for the biz) looks at me, gets into the Jetta, and backs into me with great velocity! I'm now covered in Starbucks and in shock at what just happened. I mean, he looked right at me. He said he didn't see me. I said to him, "When you back up, things behind you get closer. Euclid FAP was very nice and I HOPE their insurance will cover it. The estimate I just got was for 2052.00$ At least he didn't nail the euro headlight.

Anyone have url's to recently sold big dollar 318is's? Like that silver one in Mini that sold for 9K? Or the one in PA that went for 7K?

John

DSC_0001-8.jpg

DSC_0002-5.jpg

DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0004-4.jpg

DSC_0005-8.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Been there.

post-169-13667619044944_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

UG!

Delia, (or anyone that's listening)

Do you have any copies or URL's for higher dollar stock clean 318is's?

I found a few today but the more the merrier.

John

Well, that sucks!

One comment(I do hate to say it, but...) ...white car, in the snow.

Hopefully their insurance should take care of it. It was on business with their driver. You just have to deal with the inconvenience- pain.

The euro lights- which ones are those? I was finally digging through my M3 stuff and have 2 cracked H4 lenses. Looking around, I saw the euro smileys on ebay for $150 a set. Might be time to do the change. Otherwise, I'll go full retro and go back to sealed beams.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

The euro lights- which ones are those? I was finally digging through my M3 stuff and have 2 cracked H4 lenses. Looking around, I saw the euro smileys on ebay for $150 a set. Might be time to do the change. Otherwise, I'll go full retro and go back to sealed beams.

Not sure about those ebay smileys.

Abrahams Motorsport has the *real* Euro smileys made by Hella:

http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/e30.html

Pretty pricey, IMO.

I have a set of Hella headlamp conversions and 100w bulbs -- probably brighter than the smileys, but lacking slightly in the "gee-whiz" department. No need to cut up my wiring harness, either.

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

If you want all the damage fixed $2,000 isnt even close. Have you measured the right side and looked for gaps.?You need tolook for fresh wrinkles in the inboard fender well below the fuse block. Make sure the front alignment is correct too... Been there done that and I feel your pain....

No wrinkles in the inner fender or in the rad core support. So far it looks like the fender slid back in it's mounting.

Ass Hat adjuster is avoiding me I think.

John

NO back pain other than the pain in my ass that their insurance guy is giving me. I call and he says today that I have already cashed my check. I said WHAT? He says "Oh wait, oh yea, I have to review this further, I'll call this afternoon. He never called and I called him several times.

I have to go to work day after tomorrow and I'd like to drop it off and pick it up when I get back.

I know they are gonna try to screw me.

John

Insurance guy stepped up and paid. after he got the body shop to come down 200 bucks.

I got a free rental car out of the deal. Since I'm going to work tomorrow, I'll just drop it off at the airport. They get off easy on that one.

I'm also having the body shop take care of some slight other issues while it's there.

Let's see how this goes......

John