• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brand New Bosch Heater Blower Fan Motor SOLD

Behr2002

I recently ordered this part and it's on the way to me. I notice yours doesn't have the fan attached, neither does mine. Any ideas how to mount the fan to this so it will work? I've looked at several toasted blower motors and the fan seems to be permanently fused with a brittle plastic keeper. It broke apart when attempting to remove it. I'd love input on this, as will new buyer of this item as well. Thanks

Ceylon-squarie

Id the fan seems to be permanently fused with a brittle plastic keeper. It broke apart when attempting to remove it. I'd love input on this, as will new buyer of this item as well. Thanks

i have sucessfully removed the plastic bushing by doing the following:

ensure the shaft is cleaned with steel wool or brass bristle brush

spray a little lubricant on the area

use a SMALL gear puller to slowly pull it off

if necessary, i have also VERY CAREFULLY used a propane torch, waved quickly across the plastic to heat it up SLIGHTLY (too much and it'll ignite) followed by spray lubricant.

i'm 3 for 3 so far.....

then i'm able to grit blast, re-cadmium plate, primer then finish paint with cast aluminum.

reinstallation, as they say, is the reverse, minus the oil and heat.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa