• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trapezoid mirror seal Part # request please

Armond

I have an old trap mirror that needs some attention. Does anyone have the part # of the seal? is it # 12 form the photo? (12 is NLA) Thanks

post-1760-13667619117379_thumb.png

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

very close fit...You can also "glue" the mirror glass in with neatly tooled white silicone sealer after you remove the spring behind the glass.

I did a column on this repair a couple of years ago...lemme know if you'd like a copy.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

51 16 1 807 748

NLA for almost a year now.

Hmmm. Both Maxi and Bell BMW have them listed ($17.46 & $15.26 resp).

The complete mirror assy is available (high $$$) so someone must be making the seals.

Hope they fit better than the trap mirror to door seals that BMW are making now.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I needed one to refurb a mirror, but decided it was just better to buy the new mirror since my glass was also chipped ((the glass was about $60 or the whole mirror kit and caboodle was about $185 from the dealer)) Plus, the mounting set screw is now a metric hex instead of a regular screwdriver...makes install and future removal much easier. mine rounded off instantly and I had to carefully drill it out.

--> 1968 2002 <--

very close fit...You can also "glue" the mirror glass in with neatly tooled white silicone sealer after you remove the spring behind the glass.

I did a column on this repair a couple of years ago...lemme know if you'd like a copy.

cheers

mike

I'm interested to know what the MB part is or perhaps the fix you wrote about. Thanks in advance.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Hope they fit better than the trap mirror to door seals that BMW are making now.

That was going to be my question.

Are the mirror to door seals available? Have they gone "stupid pricing" yet?

Note to self- Start buying up E30M3 trim bits while they are still "normal priced".

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I thought that Tulix guy was selling all the parts needed to refurbish the traps.

I remember his name when I was going to do it two years ago but bought a new one from Blunt before I contacted him.

Could try him Armond. I think I have his name right. I would have to look in my parts emails for his name.

• 4 weeks later...

That was going to be my question.

Are the mirror to door seals available? Have they gone "stupid pricing" yet?

Note to self- Start buying up E30M3 trim bits while they are still "normal priced".

Trap Mirror to door gasket/seal is available, but what comes from BMW now does not match my original Trap Mirrors. Left long enough in boiling water they can be stretched to suit though.

Maybe the new Trap Mirrors have a different shaped base now?

First pic is what you get now, 2nd is the original one.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17