• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1502 - 2002 Turbo VIN numbers

c.d.iesel

numbering systems...especially on US roundies...

"Modell 71" refers to cars produced after about April 1971. The carbureted versions begin with VIN 2570001 and go through the end of US roundie production in Aug 1973 at 2593704. All US roundie tii's are "Modell 71" cars in the 276xxxx VIN run.

"Modell 73" refers to non-US squarelights. So named because production began in Sept 1973 as 1974 model year cars.

BMW always used calendar years for production figures, not model years like we do in the US.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Here's some MS Word docs I made up. The base was in German and came from a Japanese '02 website (I think?) many years ago. I update as I find new info.

I would be more than welcome to hear from anyone who sees any errors or has additional info.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Not seen that one before.

Usually, at least for all '02s in Europe, the E-code sticker was placed over the VIN plate. The colour sticker was placed up near the pass headlight.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17