• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay mudflaps go for (drumroll, please...)

Delia

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....ACTUALLY - THERE IS NO DRILLING REQUIRED

the mounting hardware consists of toothed

clamping metal cups - onto the extended body seams,

no foul - no holes

That takes away my biggest barrier...apart from not having a set!

I think the ongoing opinion is against them...but I like them!

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

....ACTUALLY - THERE IS NO DRILLING REQUIRED

the mounting hardware consists of toothed

clamping metal cups - onto the extended body seams,

no foul - no holes

On mine, we ended up drilling a hole, then opening it up -- making a notch for the through-bolt, thus allowing the clamping metal cup to grip the extended body seam firmly.

The holes do not encroach inside the car body -- all it does is leave bare metal where the serrated cups dig into the wheel well...

...if you like that sort of thing.

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

BLUNT wrote:

i think im the odd man out here. i would rather repaint my rockers every year than mount mudflaps on my car. i like rare stuff but i just cant get into the look.

Blunt = You were rocking a Hair Mud Flap in that family portrait that I saw in your Living room !

post-524-13667619343571_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

i think im the odd man out here. i would rather repaint my rockers every year than mount mudflaps on my car. i like rare stuff but i just cant get into the look.

Amazing, like a lot of other folk, I thought I was well into the minority for these bloody awful things. I had them on a couple of '02s I had back in the '70s. What a damn nuisance they were. Unless you clamped the living daylights out of them, they would fall off, or one clamp would and the thing would swing to one side. They never did stop mud getting up on to the ledge at the bottom of the rear quarter panel where it was rust prone. What a useless invention; not surprised in the least that they are NLA.

So, having said all that, I wish I had a few dozen pairs to sell right now. I could buy a couple more parts cars then.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

BLUNT wrote:

Blunt = You were rocking a Hair Mud Flap in that family portrait that I saw in your Living room !

haha i guess there is some truth to that joseph

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I'm not a fan of the mud flaps either, but they would give you an easy place to mount these other 1970's accessory to really "pimp out your ride". ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DICE-CURB-FEELERS-HOT-PINK-WITH-WHITE-DOTS-10-00_W0QQitemZ290388979365QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439c882ea5

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..