• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red leather seats

02Les

The '76 '02 (pictured below) was for sale last November, I just happened on the old ad.

It has what appears to be real Red leather seats. I have heard of these but never actually seen one. It also has an electric sunroof.

Anyone here buy it?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I posted a link awhile back. I do hope someone here bought it. It needs to be "brought back". It's the top of what is a NA spec late model '02.

Even with CA emission requirements, it would defintly be a nice '02 to have in CA.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

A few years ago, when BMW was the sponsoring mark for the Vintage at Lime Rock ('05/06?) they had brought a bunch of cars over from Germany to do a tour. One of them was a very fine Turbo which had the entire interior done in red leather. It was fantastic. I spoke with the owner but didn't get far as he couldn't get his nose out of the clouds to talk with this odious American Turbo owner! Pretty comical really. Go red leather!

The one car I have seen that had leather seats looked very much like the one Les posted. It was a 74 and had brown leather. Sorry no better pictures.

John

EDIT: Now I notice that the head rests are different. Hmm.... I do remember them being leather. Back seat too.

Oh yea, notice the mirrors. They were original on this 74 too.

IMG_0413.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Those seats dont belong in that car I guess.

4022_6.jpg

These seats look vinyl dyed red.

The ones in the pic I posted above are for sure leather (look at the cracks!), and appear to have the correct seat furniture for a '76.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

gatherings for a long time: supposedly the last 200 US spec 2002s were all painted Polaris, had red leather interiors and electric sunroofs. So far as I know, they were all stick shift cars and had the late style alloy (soup plate) wheels.

This could be one of 'em. The easy way to tell is to check the VIN and see if it's within 200 of the last '76 US 2002, 2745584.

One was advertised in the Roundel back in the mid-80s, but I don't know what happened to it.

It would be way cool to finally confirm that at least one still exists.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite