• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are the dates set for the Bay Area Swap and Shine Showdown ?

jmon0261

Tom Jones- Curt etc-

Has the site or dates been chosen yet ?

Sounds like we have great interest from the Portland / PNW enthusiasts.

Wonder if Mike Pugh and any of the other North Carolina 02 group are thinking about coming out?

Last year it was the week before Vintage at the Vineyards

V@V typically is Memorial day

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Regardless that the Marin Civic is in Armond backyard, it could be a good site. There are usually empty lots over by the Avenue of the Flags, and even some trees. It's still on ass-fault, while most everyone was whining about wanting the event to be held on grass. Well Bucko, find us a grassy knoll that will let us park our old, leaking cars on.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Regardless that the Marin Civic is in Armond backyard, it could be a good site. There are usually empty lots over by the Avenue of the Flags, and even some trees. It's still on ass-fault, while most everyone was whining about wanting the event to be held on grass. Well Bucko, find us a grassy knoll that will let us park our old, leaking cars on.

the site in Marin is not all ass-fault Stevie. there are park tree benches there. There is also a huge pond/lake there which is surrounded by a grassy knoll with ducks and birds you can feed. And perhaps I can host a BBQ before of after the event.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

The PNW group is definatly coming down. Anthony aka Woody really wants to get his five year restoration on a road trip. I am also itching for a roady. We may have up to 7 cars coming down. We are planning on coming down interstate 5 on Friday. If the show is in Marin, we may want to change our route?

A drive and BBQ on Sat afternoon would be sweet. If we stay on five maybe pick up the Sac group early Sat?

Craig

1972 2002 Sahara
2017 228i

2019 F 250

[quote="Armond

. And perhaps I can host a BBQ before of after the event.

hey armond, how about hosting it just down the road from you at that old schoolhouse? it's within walking distance to your bathroom...

we could all pitch in and send your wife and kids to a movie and shopping spree during the event.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Oregon has just initiated a CCA chapter and I am the SIG leader for the Vintage and Classic BMW group.

We had a meeting last night and we may have more cars joining us. Sounds like besides 02's there are some Coupe's and Bavarias that may join the road trip.

At last count, I know we have 9 cars definitely in. We're hoping to contribute to the many awesome cars that always show up at the event.

How many non 02's were at the event last year? And how many 02's did you end up with? Expecting more?

We plan to head north after the show, so incorporating a drive that way would be really cool.

And yes, I am dying for a road trip after 5 years of not driving an 02.

And Steve, you should ship your car out. :) Come on, can't be that expensive. :)

Squatch Pads

Lorena Texas

[quote="Armond

we could all pitch in and send your wife and kids to a movie and shopping spree during the event.

do you realize how expensive that suggestion is????

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Are all welcome on this event? I am very near the end of a long resto on my 76' and a few miles good be refreshing. I also understand that a group of enthusiast get together in Portland on Thursdays. Does this still take place?

this is my firt visit to this site. hope this makes it through.